DeMartini graphics trivia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMartini graphics trivia...

Does anyone know why the word, 'London', is written in katakana on the 'Crossed Swords' model?

Re: DeMartini graphics trivia...

No, why?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I give up...

Comment

Beats the hell out of me... they couldn´t spell Tokyo? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wasnt it on a book of matches for a hotel or something.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Does anyone know why the word, 'London', is written in katakana on the 'Crossed Swords' model?

[/ QUOTE ]

And on the bomber for that matter. I've heard that after Warren got the bomber, he asked to have the same lettering put on his next guitar. But he wanted it in larger letters so it would stand out more in the graphic. Why is it on both? Got me but I would love to know the rest of the story. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe he had it done that way hoping people would still be talking about it almost 20 years later..lol.
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

London was his favorite band at the time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Warren discussed this with us when we had lunch with him a couple of weeks ago. He had no idea what that said when he had the graphic made. When Ratt toured Japan, some fans asked him why the guitar said "London". He told me that until the moment the question was asked, he had NEVER given it any thought. More than anything, he was just glad to realize that it didn't say anything offensive to the Japanese people!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    London was his favorite band at the time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well done, sir! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Warren discussed this with us when we had lunch with him a couple of weeks ago. He had no idea what that said when he had the graphic made. When Ratt toured Japan, some fans asked him why the guitar said "London". He told me that until the moment the question was asked, he had NEVER given it any thought. More than anything, he was just glad to realize that it didn't say anything offensive to the Japanese people!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's interesting. Any chance you could ask Dan (assuming he did Warren's original bomber and crossed swords graphics back in the day) why that lettering ended up on the bomber? Was it something he just pulled out of his ass to fill in the graphic or did it have some meaning behind it. I for one would like to know.

Comment

The graphics were originally done by Glenn Matejzel, who works for Dan.

The Skull with Blood was the first one Charvel made for him. That was a result of Glenn asking what he wuold like to see on a guitar and Warren said "Something with skulls and blood, maybe on a black guitar". Otherwise, Warren chose stuff from a leather jacket he saw (I think one he saw Gary Moore wearing), pictures, and other various sources.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            why that lettering ended up on the bomber?

[/ QUOTE ]
                            He was a spy and wanted to bomb London, but he wanted it done by someone else (think the Charles Manson approach).
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              The graphics were originally done by Glenn Matejzel, who works for Dan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Glenn was the one who put the snakeskin on Warren's original anaconda and python skin Charvels. (Way before Warren was associated with Performance Gutiars.)

Comment

Working...
                              X