three san dimas bursts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• three san dimas bursts

Some of you have may recall this one, but I've never posted a picture of it since I've owned it. Cosmetically the body is a bit beat, but it sounds & plays fabulously.

Specs: 1984 USA Charvel SN 3316 blue/silverburst. Neck is mid '90s Charvel USA. Also pictured are her two younger siblings, 1986 Jackson SN 1266 cherryburst, and 1986 Jackson SN 1149 natural burst.

It appears the guitar originally had a vintage style trem, converted at some point to a Kahler Pro, and then in 1997 to a Floyd by the Jackson custom shop (see pics below.) The original neck was replaced at the same time the Floyd mod was done. Sadly I do not know the whereabouts of the original neck.

Here are the pictures from its visit to the Jackson custom shop:

I'd love to restore her to her former pointy glory. Too bad those necks are so hard to come by.

Re: three san dimas bursts

very nice....congrats
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

If the custom shop did the work as pictured, the original neck was possibly destroyed. A few years ago - when they still did such things - I sent a SD Charvel back for evaluation and possible replacement. It had the usual Floyd nut neck cracks. They said it was stable, though, so the original stayed. However, they told me that if they were to do a replacement, they would have to keep the original and destroy it. Probably to prevent forgeries, etc.

Comment

That's too bad. It's a player, so I really don't care all that much about originality, but I do like to have period-correct parts on my guitars if I can arrange it!

Comment

I love that Blue Burst, even with the headstock that's on it. That just looks nice.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Gorgeous!!

Comment

<font color="aqua">nice trio there, Bert! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Its too bad that Jackson does not do this kind of work anymore (or so I have been told), I have a project or two that I would gladly pay out the nose for a factory refin.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

can someone explain to me why the original neck was not sent back to the owner?

Great guitar with the pointy, never was a sears headstock fan.

Comment

is this the one that Toru sold here last year?
                    I always kick myself for not grabbing that one when I had the chance (pretty short money too if I recall correctly)
                    Congrats nice mutt.
                    someone here should be able to hook you up with an old pointy neck if you really want one.
                    oh and BTW #1149 is absolutely gorgeous! very nice
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

yeah I bought it off of Toru for a pretty reasonable price indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X