Wayne Charvel Neptune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Charvel Neptune?

Looking at Roadworthy Guitars site and they show a Wayne Charvel Neptune under the Electrics for sale...What's the deal with this? Just a one-off?

Re: Wayne Charvel Neptune?

I believe they were marketed as "Ritz" guitars, and were either fully or partially covered with shell.

Comment

Yeah, it was another short lived attempt by Wayne to make a succesful guitar line.

Comment

worth $1599 ?????

Comment

the neptunes were part of the WRC line he made for a few years...i've been lucky enough to pick and play two of them personally...they in no way resemble the charvels i own neck-wise (doesn't mean they aren't nice)...nice guitars...heavy as hell...decent tone...unfortunately 1300-1600 is the rate i've seen them going at recently...pics do not do them justice...they are absolutely gorgeous in person...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

D.M., there's no way they are selling for that?!?!

Comment

Never played one so on that level I couldn't say.
              Resale-wise you'd be lucky to get $400 so I'd say no. No friggen way.

Comment

that one has been on the site for a while...so i think that you have a point! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree w/ DM...all the ones I have seen are asking that much. I think its due to that crazy abalone/peral/whatever finish they have.

Comment

Originally posted by L:
                    I agree w/ DM...all the ones I have seen are asking that much. I think its due to that crazy abalone/peral/whatever finish they have.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Abalone (and most "inlay material") doesn't resonate very well (at least not in the way guitars need to), so I hope that's not what the covering is! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by The Eristic:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by L:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Abalone (and most "inlay material") doesn't resonate very well (at least not in the way guitars need to), so I hope that's not what the covering is! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Working...
                      X