Charvel suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel suggestions?

Hi folks. I Currently have a Charvel 3DR (firecrackle) and several pointy Carvins. I'm looking to get a higher quality USA Charvel. I don't have much experience with them, so I'm not sure where to start.

Can anyone recommend models?

thanks
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Re: Charvel suggestions?

Well, if you want to buy new, the first few pages of this would be a great place to start.

2004 USA Charvel Price List

Comment

Good point. I am looking to buy used 80's era stuff. That's whenI grew up and first started playing. Funny thing is I never liked the pointy stuff back then.

Thanks for the link though! I trying to find out what's considered quality/good/desirable on those era guitars.
      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Well, pretty much everything was top-notch quality custom back then. (Charvels with "San Dimas" addressed neckplates.)

Any 80s Charvel with a "Fort Worth" addressed neckplate or a neckthrough was an import. You'll have better luck discussing them in the import area of the JCF.

Comment

If you are looking to get into 80's era USA Charvels, either strathead or pointies, be prepared to bring a BIG checkbook to the table and spend a lot of time learning the subtle differences between fakes, parts guitars, real ones, the market, whos's who in the game, etc.

Start with these sites:
          www.sandimascharvel.com
          www.jacksoncharvelworld.net/Home.html
          www.jacksonmuseum.com/foreword.html

Also, check out http://pub82.ezboard.com/bcharvelcentral

Good luck on your just beginning journey! Your in for an education!

Comment

I'd start with what Chuck said and then work on getting comfortable grabbing your ankles. Worked for me.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Ouch! I may need to rethink this...

Comment

although chuck exhibits a fine persona,
                it is i, the king of overpaying for fakes, that you would like to converse with. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

the bad thing is i still will find a way to get boned with a smile. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Not to come on too sappy with the compliments, but I think I'm going to enjoy this place. You all seem to have a unique humor and welcoming attitude.

Thanks for the smiles!

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty:
                    seem to have a unique humor
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Somebody call me? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm a jerk. The rest of them here are pretty cool!
                      Stay upwind of that Atomic Fruitcake feller and you'll be fine.

Comment

chuck doesn't ask for much.
                        i made a bong out of my head once, i'll guide you.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                        X