Help me make an offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me make an offer

I have a friend who has I think a SD pointy Charvel. I haven't looked at it in a while and I'm almost positive it had a SD neck plate. The specs are as follows: Strat body, maple board, black pointy headstock with gold Charvel logo, hum bridge/single neck, Kahler trem, red, with volume and three way pickup selecter switch. I think he told me he got it in '83 or '84, new as a present from his parents.

It's condition the last time I saw it wasn't bad but not good either. Fretboard was pretty dirty, strings completely rusted and a few nicks and chips. The worst thing was it was just leaning up against the wall resting against the headstock. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

He doesn't play any more and it just seems a waste for it to go neglected sitting in the corner or in the closet. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'd like to know what would be a good offer for this guitar. I've told him a few times I was interested, but didn't realize what he had then. I don't have any pics or serial #'s.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Thanks,

Jason

PS: If the above specs match a Charvel Model series guitar from that era let me know. Like I said I'm almost positive it was a SD neck plate, but with the way my memory is it could have said Ft. Worth. I do know it said USA. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Help me make an offer

sounds like a san dimas...the gold logo is usually a good giveaway...make sure it says made in usa under it and you're good to go...as for value?...only you know what it's worth to you...i've seen them go for anywhere from 200.00 to over 1,000.00 depending on condition...i'd say 5-600 is a fair price as it's kinda beat up and has a kahler tho [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I'd probably offer him $400 to start. Not to screw your friend or anything but it does sound pretty beat up, and who know about that neck!

Comment

I would consider these 2 points.
        1. your friend is never going to realize the worth of the guitar and most likely it will eventually be "given" away to either another friend or as a trade in to a music store.
        2.Anything you offer him is like found money to a non-player/non collector. Your knowledge of the worth of the guitar is exactly that... yours.
        My suggestion is to offer him a few hundred tops because that is all he will get at the local music store and even less at a pawn shop. Most likely he will wind up giving it away for next to nothing to somebody down the road. It might as well be you. BTW... I will give you double what you pay for it!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

.Anything you offer him is like found money to a non-player/non collector. Your knowledge of the worth of the guitar is exactly that... yours.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
          I'd probably offer him $400 to start. Not to screw your friend or anything but it does sound pretty beat up, and who know about that neck!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man I'm glad I'm not friends with you guys .. friends are supposed to look out for each other not lie to them to get a better deal .. On the flip side if he is a friend of yours he'll cut you a better deal than anyone else ... Current value of that guitar $600 to $800 depending on the condition
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
          X