New Charvels - neck plate address and serial numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvels - neck plate address and serial numbers

What I noticed is that the new Charvels seem to have 3d Charvel neck plates with P.O Box 1, San Dimas. Am I right?

What about the serial numbers? Are 4 digit #### reserved for custom orders, and 6 digit 00#### for the USA standard models?

Re: New Charvels - neck plate address and serial numbers

I recently got a namm show model and the neck plate is smooth chrome with a 4 digit # engraved and color filled. 1 dimensional - not like the old ones. But that's just mine.

Comment

Aw man, that blows! I just ordered one of the 25th Anniversary Charvels and I was hoping that it had the "old style" neck plate.

Comment

Last I remember hearing, they were working on getting old style 3D plates, as Toby described. The PO Box was going to be close to the old one, but not exact. (Someone else owns that # now, and wouldn't give it up.)

All the 2004 NAMM guitars and 25ths had the etched-style plates.

Not sure about 6 digits for the USA Standards and 4 for customs, though. That's not a bad idea, acutally, as it would easily distinguish customs & production models. I kind of think they'll all be 4 digits, though, as that was the case back in the SD-era. Then again, everything was custom back then - no "production" guitars, per se - so maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon:
          Last I remember hearing, they were working on getting old style 3D plates, as Toby described. The PO Box was going to be close to the old one, but not exact. (Someone else owns that # now, and wouldn't give it up.)

All the 2004 NAMM guitars and 25ths had the etched-style plates.

Not sure about 6 digits for the USA Standards and 4 for customs, though. That's not a bad idea, acutally, as it would easily distinguish customs & production models. I kind of think they'll all be 4 digits, though, as that was the case back in the SD-era. Then again, everything was custom back then - no "production" guitars, per se - so maybe not.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There was a 25th anniversary on ebay.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3715323673
          The neck plate is not shown, but the shown certificate of authenticity sais P.O. Box 215 San Dimas. No idea about the serial ####, it's hidden.

Comment

Working...
          X