This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what do I have? Warning-Lotsa Pics

Here she is undressed. Please feel free to make any comments. I can take it.

I don't have a ton of SD knowledge, but I am pretty sure that the body was made by DiMarzio. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: So, what do I have? Warning-Lotsa Pics

Looks good to me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Question - was the rout for the control cavity an after thought (being both frt & rear routed) or was this how the Dimarzio bodies were done ? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Just curious - I'm a bit on the ignorant side when it comes to these !

Comment

"I am pretty sure that the body was made by DiMarzio."

I read that then scrolled down to see the photo. Laughed my arse off, dude.

Nice guit, whatever you have!

Comment

Fritz, that is what the route looks like when the body has a top on it. I have seen that exact factory route before. All the parts that I see look fine. I would like to have that one myself bro. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
          Fritz, that is what the route looks like when the body has a top on it. I have seen that exact factory route before. All the parts that I see look fine. I would like to have that one myself bro. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What is the purpose of the control cavity route along with the top route? Just so you can access the controls without removing the pickguard?

Comment

The extra route on the top is to accomodate a standard Fender Strat 3 pot arrangement instead of 1 volume and 1 tone. That was done when the pickup routing was done. If the body was not to have a pickguard the center pickup wiring channel route and the extra control cavity route would not have been done.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankdaddy:
              "I am pretty sure that the body was made by DiMarzio."

I read that then scrolled down to see the photo. Laughed my arse off, dude.

Nice guit, whatever you have!
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I did the exact same thing. I laughed so loud that it scared the crap out of my fat ass cat. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

if that neck fits a Dimarzio body TIGHT it PROBABLY is NOT a charvel neck. dimarzio 2 3/16" pocket, Charvel 2 1/8" heal so there would be a small gap. sorry to see i was right about the body, but top & back routed was a dimarzio trait.

Comment

Working...
                X