Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steve Lynch from Autograph Guitar

Wow !!

Thanks a lot for all informations and photos about this guitar.

Comment

Hi all!
      Yes, I've got one of Steve's Carvins - a grey Ultra V with a blue zigzag graphic. If anyone has any pictures of him with it, I'd be very grateful for copies!

I got to see a couple of his other guitars, including one in particular that caught my attention - an Ibanez RG-like custom with zigzag inlays. Anyone know anything about that one?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog:
        Here's mine. Bought from Steve in '89. Definitely the A-#1 best of my guitar arsenal. Because of this guitar I now prefer Kahlers, prefer EMG85 at the bridge, prefer single coils at the neck, and prefer reverse headstocks! (and yes, there were some Guilds with a similar pattern).

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is that a Neck through or bolt on? I'm assuming it's a neck through. Love that guitar!

Comment

It's a bolt on (better for touring he said). When I got it, Steve mentioned that he personally went to Jackson and picked out the body wood and the neck wood for it to be made from. He had it up for sale in the local "Recycler" classifieds, and when I called about the ad, he never mentioned who he was. Then I go there and he opens the door and I see him and gold records on the wall. I then just handed him the money and he asked if I wanted to play it (yeah right, fumble around in front of him, no way! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). He plugged it in and did some two hand tapping and such. The one thing I regret is that I forgot to have him sign the back of the headstock!

A funny thing, a couple years later (thru the same "Recycler"), I picked up a Carvin Ultra V from Steve Plunkett (the singer/rhythm player in Autograph). I had him sign the Kahler ad that featured both Steves.

Oh, one thing, I note that the 'squiggle' graphic vary a lot from guitar to guitar, it's almost like there was no set/exact pattern.

Sorry the pics are so dark, if anyone wants to see anything different or close up, let me know and I'll take some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans:
            Hi all!
            Yes, I've got one of Steve's Carvins - a grey Ultra V with a blue zigzag graphic. If anyone has any pictures of him with it, I'd be very grateful for copies!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, that's got a Kahler, too! For some reason, I thought it had a Floyd. I remember he was pictured with either a black or pearl blue one (without any graphic) in the '90 or '91 catalog that had a Floyd. Maybe it was just for the photo shoot.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Would you believe that? I bought my Carvin from an ad in the "Recycler", went to a condo in Sherman Oaks, and collected it from the man himself!

Comment

Small world! Yep, I was at that condo twice, first for the Jackson, then I went by again a couple years later to check out a Westone he was selling in the Recycler! (I didn't get that one [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

I just met Mike Guerrero (Tapping Ninja, Metal Illusion) tonight; he claims to own Steve's red Jackson bolt-on w/ EKG graphic. Mike had it onstage tonight at Passages. He asked me to look at it, as he's having some sort of problem with the Kahler. So I inspected it - I noticed a chip on the bottom of the body that looked really familiar...I think somebody posted a pic on another thread. The Kahler had "popped up" - almost like a spring had broke...but they have cams right? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  Anyway, I had the thing in my hand....with no camera! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There are springs underneath it.

Comment

Working...
                    X