G&G form fitting cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G form fitting cases

Every Anderson and every Suhr I own comes w/ a form fitting G&G case. In Tom's case, he's even got a headstock block to prevent the HS from snapping off during shipping. DAAAMN. My DeMartini and EVH Charvels come w/ a generic case, offering NO protection to the headstock, let along stablizing the neck. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

So, anyone (Mr. Walker [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]) know of where I can acquire another G&G HSC that'll replicate the protection offered by Anderson and Suhr's G&G cases? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    mike

Re: G&G form fitting cases

Mike, very funny, I have wanted to ask this FOREVER. What I want to know is, why does a similarly priced, Anderson,PRS, etc..Come with a kick-ass well built form fitted G&G , and my beloved Charvel/Jackson come with what is clearly an inferior case. Half of the new ones I have gotten dont even line up correctly, you have to lean them to the right or left to get the latch to close.

Great question.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

This is definately an issue for a lot of reasons that is not getting a lot of press.

I am informed that they are working on sorting this out as we speak for what it is worth.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

The question is simple.
        Saving a buck.

The smaller guys mentioned (TA and Suhr) cannot afford a lot of returns due to damage and while they build their rep cannot afford the bad pub.

In FMIC case, they can absorb a few hits and in the end numbers have shown them that they will come out on top.

I used to work in manufacturing and when the word came down to cost reduce the product, the packaging and shipping methods ALWAYS came up. The packaging "engineers" will show up with newer carton designs and rapid expanding liquid foam packaging methods.
        Six months down the road we had shit piles of broken product, go figure.

It all became a game between UPS claims, write offs, scrap metal, etc.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The question is simple.
          Saving a buck....In FMIC case, they can absorb a few hits and in the end numbers have shown them that they will come out on top

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks Jose for the insights!

But, what IF guys like me and Shawn are willing to pay for the additional cost of a form-fitting G&G? Personally, even after I've purchased my Charvels, I'd be willing to shell out the $$$'s just to ensure that they will be stored properly.

Here's the type of case that I'm referring to:

This is the kind of case that John Suhr uses. Note that the compartment is UNDER the neck block, doubling as support, as opposed to being stuck on the side (where the FU*KING trem bar can slide out during shipping!). There's really NO difference between this G&G EVH hand striped case and a Suhr G&G as the body "appears" to be form fit (as far as I can see, I could be wrong).

IMHO, we should be allowed to purchase an EVH case for my EVH Art Series guitars!! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Seriously, I'd pony up the $$$'s![img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I know, I know.... [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] But, hey, ya don't know, if ya don't ask! [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
          mike.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            This is definately an issue for a lot of reasons that is not getting a lot of press.

I am informed that they are working on sorting this out as we speak for what it is worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks mang! Yeah, I remember seeing that thread a few weeks ago, and posting a question to John about being able to purchase a form-fitting G&G, but don't recall if there was anything discussed.
            mike.

Comment

i can say the G&G case i got with my new star
              is poorer quality as the G&G copies from Rockcase i use all the time
              "Half of the new ones I have gotten dont even line up correctly, you have to lean them to the right or left to get the latch to close."
              i`m with you in this issue
              and you`ll have a gap between case and hood even if all are closed

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                .... My DeMartini and EVH Charvels come w/ a generic .....

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record, these guitars have stratheads that don´t tilt back..... headstock breakage issues on standard stratheads are MUCH rarer than on tilted pointies....

But the Pointy cases ´ve seen weren´t signiicantly better unfortunately....

Comment

I thought this question has been addressed a few times, and J/C has said it's being worked on? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Mike, very funny, I have wanted to ask this FOREVER. What I want to know is, why does a similarly priced, Anderson,PRS, etc..Come with a kick-ass well built form fitted G&G , and my beloved Charvel/Jackson come with what is clearly an inferior case. Half of the new ones I have gotten dont even line up correctly, you have to lean them to the right or left to get the latch to close.

Great question.

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]!!Exactly Shawn!!

Poor fit & for awhile pointys were shipping in strathead cases....two Solar Limiteds arrived in the wrong case too!!

Of course I asked about this....never got an answer!!

The case fuck ups situation is absolute.... [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] !!</font>

Comment

Re: G&amp;G form fitting cases

We're working on it.

Comment

<font color="red"> First case issue I had was in April 2005....asked my unasnwered question in June 2005....Solars arrived(two in the wrong case)in October 2005....how long does it take to correct guitars being shipped in the wrong(poorly fitting)cases?? [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]!! </font>

Comment

that is unacceptable regardless of how much is being spent on a guitar. they should all be protected properly and I shouldn't have to pay more to ensure that my guitar is safe.

GMWs Empire line uses the form fitted case as standard practice.

A little extra attention to the quality withour always worrying about the penny, goes a long way.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            We're working on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            thanks John! I know it may be difficult to say affirmatively now, but is there a chance that we may be able to purchase G&G form fitting cases for our pointy and strathead Charvels? (better yet, how about being able to TRADE IN the old and for an upcharge get the new? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
                            thanks.
                            mike. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: G&amp;G form fitting cases

LOL....if I'm changing to form fit, why would I want your old case???? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Once we have them done, they will be available for purchase separately.

Comment

Working...
                              X