Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&G form fitting cases

[ QUOTE ]
    LOL....if I'm changing to form fit, why would I want your old case???? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I dont know John, to keep the customer happy? Good will gesture? I guess the problem is, noone wants your old cases, including you.. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Maybe have a trade in program and donate them to a Bangledesh music school?

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Once we have them done, they will be available for purchase separately.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">You're joking, right??

That's like a vehicle company saying "well, these seat-belts aren't really adequate for survival, but, if you want the improved version, you can purchase it seperately"...

I don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">You're joking, right??

That's like a vehicle company saying "well, these seat-belts aren't really adequate for survival, but, if you want the improved version, you can purchase it seperately"...

I don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am ASSUMING, he means you will be able to buy them for your old ones in shitty cases. The new ones wont come with shitty cases.

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

<font color="yellow">I dunno.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

</font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            LOL....if I'm changing to form fit, why would I want your old case???? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I dont know John, to keep the customer happy? Good will gesture? I guess the problem is, noone wants your old cases, including you.. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Second time today Shawn.... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]!! </font>

Comment

poof [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] hey, it was worth a try, wasn't it?! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                Thank you for the information!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                mike [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red">Second time today Shawn.... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]!! </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 for Chuck and Shawn! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: G&amp;G form fitting cases

Guy's right wrong or indifferent all i ask is that you keep this discussion respectful ...

Thanks
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

It isn't rocket science and G&G once made these cases for Jackson. All the case needs is a covered padded and contoured caul that is placed against the neck support beam. Get G&G to make them again and send current owners the blocks to modify their current cases (they are seperate from the lining, sometimes old ones come out). The customer will just need a hammer, some small nails and some glue. Probably will run a couple of dollars to fix and make everyone happy.

Comment

How did Charvel go so backwards on something so simple as cases. I've never said anything about the Fender purchase before but I think it comes historically from them.

In the 80's we got the Jackson metal badged G&G cases and they were form fitted to the guitar. Then came the SKB cases, still form fitted, different but we're still happy. My 87 Soloist has the G&G style, my 95 SD1 has the SKB.

The GX Bullseye guitar came with a fitted G&G case, even going so far as having a block to rest against the neck heel so it can't hit the headstock on the end of the case. Seeing this I figured all the new Charvels were coming with historically correct form fitted cases. I guess I was wrong.

This doesn't suprise me as all the G&G Fender cases I've seen for Custom Shop Strats and whatnot have been generic, and not very plush at that. They looked like a case I would pass up, let alone one that came with an expensive Fender. I guess this is how they are used to doing it, but we expect better.

They are fixing it, which is good, but they need to recall/retro-fit any existing customer that wants their case fixed up.

I saw the inside of a Star case last year so I figured as it was form fitted the strat style would be too. At least they didn't throw the stars into a big empty case.

Comment

Jim posted while I was writing my post, but yeah, that's what a metal badged Jackson case looks like. It's form fitted there and one of the body ends, enough to hold it nice and snug.

G&G can do this, they do do this, it just has to be ordered that way.

These things can be added later. When Lee didn't provide a form fitted case for my guitar, while it was back with him he sent it back to G&G (that's what he said anyway) and it is now form fitted. It's more form fitted than a metal badged Jackson case as the whole body sits in a fitted outline, but both ways work.

I'm crazy for a good form fitted case for my guitars, they all have a special place to live.

Comment

Love those old metal badged Jackson cases. Not too big and very well balanced.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Love those old metal badged Jackson cases. Not too big and very well balanced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah, like the ones that came with my PC Archtops....And that wasnt but a few years ago.

Shawn
                              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I call it a product recall. Ford, GM, Chrysler and even Harley have had recalls. There is also a problem with the Jackson plastic form fitted cases, having occurences of broken or damaged headstocks. I've seen both pointies and standard heads broken or damaged. A dealer has told me they (JCMI) are working on the problem like John eluded to. The BIG corp may move slower than the former J/C company did.
                                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                                X