• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: G&G form fitting cases

[ QUOTE ]
    I call it a product recall.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmm....yes! I like it! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    mike.

Comment

its not a product recall situation if J/C intentionally cheaped out and ordered the cases of lesser quality to cut costs [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Doesnt that kind of assume that they knew that the "cheaper" substitute would not cut it, which I think is reading alot into things as I do not think that they thought that much about it? I mean, a case is a case, right? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I <font color="red"> think </font> is reading alot into <font color="red"> things </font> as I do not <font color="red"> think </font> <font color="red"> that </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> they </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> thought </font> <font color="red"> that </font> much about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You writing a poem? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think that's enough thoughtful thinking, you think? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

On the issue of the new Star cases, the one I ordered from Vwall for the Shattered Glass Star was a great fit - had to pound the guitar into the case with a rubber mallet [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My now gone 1993 Archtop Soloist came in a non-badged G&G form Fitted case and it litterally was a perfect fit and the case was top notch. I figured this is the way all CS Jacksons came in-wrong!! When I ordered my CS Soloist a year ago, I had to pay extra for a G&G case upgrade over the SKB, I figured alright, that is cool, but then Im had to pay extra/extra for a Form Fitted one .Now that was 2 extra fees for a big $$$$$$$$$$$ CS Soloist, you would think Jackson would want to ship their CS guitars out in the finest form fitted case possible from the get go? Jack.

Comment

I just went with the Jackson ABS case for my custom shop. I have never had any trouble with those during shipping or otherwise. Sure it isn't as nice, but that don't mean a thing if the headstock snaps or cracks.
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

+1 Jim. I am crossing my fingers this guitar turns out pretty much perfect, or it may be my last CS Jackson!! Jack.

Comment

+2. Frankly, I couldn't give a shit what the case looks like, as long as it protects the contents. I don't get why anyone would pay more for a G&G case anyway, but especially with the recent spate of breakages....
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Well, I did agree with Jim, but I did pay mucho extra for a Form Fitted G&G case for my up and coming CS Soloist, I am just hoping it makes it here alright!! Jack.

Comment

I had no choice on my guitar because its a spec shape. The word is that all death angels get the form fit G&G anyways. So hopefully it will be fine.

Comment

:ROTF:
                          Originally posted by Shawn
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          LOL....if I'm changing to form fit, why would I want your old case???? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I dont know John, to keep the customer happy? Good will gesture? I guess the problem is, noone wants your old cases, including you.. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Maybe have a trade in program and donate them to a Bangledesh music school?

Shawn

Comment

Working...
                          X