• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH on steriods tone with a 25th ann,

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
    what duncan do you guys recomend to replace the EVH
    with?
    I was thinkin a custom tb-5? or a tb-4 JB
    i like the tone of the EVH that came stock but i am more of a EVH tone on steriods pursuer.
    so with that in mind i want a duncan EVH tone but more of it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Check out the Voodoo Pickups '59. It sounds a lot like the EVH but has more gain and sustain... although, if you listen to the clips in my sig (made with the EVH), they sure seem to have enough output, gain and sustain...

Steve

Steve
    Henning Amplification Website - http://www.henningamps.com
    My Music Page (Mojave PeaceMaker, Axe-FX, Mesa MKIV and PODXT Pro Clips)

Re: VH on steriods tone with a 25th ann,

if you end up wanting to sell that PUP - i'm interested....

Comment

VH on steriods tone with a 25th ann,

with?
      i like the tone of the EVH that came stock but i am more of a EVH tone on steriods pursuer.
      so with that in mind i want a duncan EVH tone but more of it! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by chrisintampa:
        if you end up wanting to sell that PUP - i'm interested....
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">as soon as i get a replace ment for it it is for sale and i will contact you,i would want round $125 for it. I really like the tone of it,but want more of it if you know what i mean,the paf's all have that lower output that does not allow you to get really blazing paint peeling tone.
        i am being told that the duncan custom or a air zone is a good choice?

Comment

I really like the custom-custom
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I just ordered two EVH pickups from the SD custom shop this week. I'm really looking forward to them.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

cool

Comment

apc felony X
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

hey chris the faster i me get a replacement the faster i sell the EVH! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  so C'mon bro which duncan or dimarzio for a EVH on steroids tone? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by sah5150:
                    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
                    with?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Check out the Voodoo Pickups '59. It sounds a lot like the EVH but has more gain and sustain... although, if you listen to the clips in my sig (made with the EVH), they sure seem to have enough output, gain and sustain...

Steve

Steve
                    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">we aint talkin gain but MUSCLE [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] the EVH has the tone but i is looking for that tone with more MUSCLE? I get the gain from the amp.

Comment

if you're only considering the duncan 4 or 5 - I'd go with the 4 (JB). I have both in a couple of guitars and the 4(JB) has more of the "steroid" tone you're talking about.

Comment

the 4 sounds great - i have 2. there is possible one other you should think about before you purchase anything - the full shred. it sounds real good too. the only way i can describe it would be to put the 4 at one end of a spectrum and put the EVH a the other. the full shred is close to the 4 with a pinch of the EVH in it. it has just a little of the "brightness" that the evh has with all the body of the 4.

sound like i'm talking about wine.....

hope this helps.

Comment

How 'bout the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom? It has a very organic, brown tone to it (not crisp or bright), but still has some gain. Not as much as most of the pickups listed here, but from what I've read, more than the "78" or "EVH" you are replacing.

I have one in my EVH replica parts mutt, and I like it better than the JB's and Full Shred I've had.

Comment

I had a Full Shred in one of my Rhoads'. I thought it sounded pretty weak for a bridge pickup. I've thought about trying it in the neck position but havent gotten around to it. Not sure if I ever will.
                            OTOH, I have the Custom Custom in one of my ESPs and it sounds good.

Rudy
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I am sure that not alot of bro's will agree with me but I think you should try the Duncan Invader. To me, it sounds like a JB that has been on the "juice" longer then Hulk Hogan was. More everything. bottom, mids and highs with killer harmonics and don't believe what you hear... it cleans up really well.

Comment

Working...
                              X