Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VH on steriods tone with a 25th ann,

Originally posted by jgcable:
    I am sure that not alot of bro's will agree with me but I think you should try the Duncan Invader. To me, it sounds like a JB that has been on the "juice" longer then Hulk Hogan was. More everything. bottom, mids and highs with killer harmonics and don't believe what you hear... it cleans up really well.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that pup gets a real good vivian campbell with dio tone but not very suited for a VH tone.
    what i think i will try is the duncan custom.
    read this from the duncan site,

DUNCAN CUSTOM
    SH-5/TB-5 -- Beef up the sound of the Patent Applied For pickup and you get a hard-driving, kicking sound with just the right balance of power, sustain, and distortion. This pickup cuts through with a distinctive high end and midrange attack.
    sounds like a VH on steriods pup to me huh?

Comment

i'm telling you, APC Felony X is the pup you want!!!

forget ducans, dimarzio, emg, APC KILLS ALL OF THEM!!!!!
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I've got a DiMarzio Norton in my '89 Dinky that I really like. It's got a nice midrange punch to it and it doesn't seem to be overly hot on the output or the treble content. It might be a pickup to consider, despite the rather dorky-sounding name. You can find the specs at DiMarzio's site.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Duncan Custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
            Duncan Custom.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah just put one in there and it is pure VH on steroids [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            man i can beleive this one is not more popular [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            sounds just like duncans description "loud and proud, PAF on steroids" [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Which one is more of a metal pickup, a duncan custom or a custom custom?

Comment

the custom custom has more output. i think the custom 5 sounds nicer than both. still, i would have to say my favorite is the 'evh' lower output pickups usually get sweeter tone. for more balls, turn up your amp!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by P.O. Box 245:
                  Which one is more of a metal pickup, a duncan custom or a custom custom?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the custom has a tighter bass and is more aggressive
                  for metal stuff [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by stratheadcharvel:
                    for more balls, turn up your amp!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey that aint always the answer [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] if you need more low end or if you need the bass tighter cranking it alone wont do it [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                    as far as more balls, the stock EVH does not have any balls, good tone yes but balls? not in this lifetime [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    the duncan custom is the EVH times 3 [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X