Figured woods vs graphics..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Figured woods vs graphics..

I just love Narural Mahogany neck and body, that is my favorite, then Black, then various solids and graphics. Jack.

Comment

I say several of each. Solids, graphics, and trans finishes can all be killer.

Currently, this is my favorite finish. Flamed redwood. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Oh, and yeah...I know about the dots. Replacement fretboard, you'd have to ask GMW about the spacing.

Comment

I like them all...I do have a woody for bound bodies, whether solid color or flame tops.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Nice!!Great axe bro,still can't believe they screwed up the 12th fret dots Skinman!!Arrgghh!!Unbeleivable!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Figured wood Charvels have "cross over" appeal to collectors of other vintage guitars and therefore carry greater significance.

I only like a "few" graphics........But I almost always love nice wood!!!!!!

Flame maple:

Boogie Bodies:

Birdseye maple Boogie Bodies guitar:

[ May 19, 2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: eric ernest ]

Comment

Eric ..why did you change your JCF name?
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

"Dealer haters!" [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Actually, I am concentrating on my music and not being a "sales weasel". [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Check it out.

ericernest.com

Comment

I like both, but trans or solid finishes "look better on me!" I drool over lots of graphics, but I can't really see myself onstage with one...anymore! Definitely not into heavily-figured woods, though.

Comment

Candy colors that are "flip flop"; ie: change color according to how the lights shine onto it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    Certain graphics have become overkill. Does everybody who remembers Ratt have to go get a Crossed Swords? A little originality of thought is more appealing than overkill on "hero graphics" done a zillion times. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Even graphics I love, say the bengal, is starting to get old.

Comment

The flamed redwood above is killer - something different with lots of appeal - not the same things over and over again. Classics are classics, no doubt about that. Theres no disputing how nice the others are. Like a little variation based on the classics we all know and love. What about candy colors involving graphics and special paints, woods, etc. You can get creative when you start thing up cool combinations based on the old Charvel prototypes, them get GMW to build em' up! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I like the 80's Jackson's that had a graphic, SICK birdseye neck and colored sharkies...

It's a combination of everything... And the coolest is when Dan painted over the picsup too!

Comment

i like figured woods more imho it adds a lot of class to a guitar, altough i love some graphics i.e. camo patterns on guitars ( urban or desert storm especially) , those simpson guitars somebody posted here (us fusion i think ) we're badass , it really depends on a graphic .

Comment

I prefer interesting finishes like Eerie Dess, HoloFlash, and the flip/flop jobs. Do those count as graphics?

Comment

Working...
                            X