GX Bullseye Ltd edition query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GX Bullseye Ltd edition query

I absolutely love mine. One of the best playing guitars in my collection. I have probably played it more than any other guitar since buying it.

Mark

Re: GX Bullseye Ltd edition query

Put it this way, many of the owners of the Bullseye run are current or former members of the JCF and CC (self included). That ought to tell you something.

Comment

I bought mine second hand and I love it. I would love to get a hold of another one of those necks !!!!

Comment

The thing is, the only guitar I've played with what is apparently an SD neck profile is my GMW, which was specified with the SD profile - basically unfinished maple and more straty than a Jackson but perfect for my hands: Does that sound about right for the GX Ltd?......
        Cheers
        Ian
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

If your basing it off of a strathead profile you can't. The strathead profile and the pointy profile are a bit different with the pointies being more consitent guitar to guitar .. the stratheads tended to vary more and were a variety of 1 5/8, 1 11/16 and the well known 1 3/4 inch necks ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I just bought the 2nd to last one but I prefer the GMW type San Dimas 1 5/8 style. I also have the Charvel 25th Anniv and that is a rounder profiler which I prefer. The Bull has a wide thin feel to it. However it is an awesome guitar. I think there is still one left at Xpress and Lloyd is a solid guy.

Comment

GX Bullseye Ltd edition query

Anyone have one, and what are the necks like? I quiet like the idea of one, but have recently realised that I prefer the SD profile to that of my Jacksons...
              Cheers
              Ian
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I have the 1st one and yes they are pretty close to the original San Dimas profile .. everyone that bought em has been pleased so far
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Great guitar that dismisses the idea that a new one can't have the feel of the originals.

R

Comment

Originally posted by Spider Riff:
                    The Bull has a wide thin feel to it.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The wide/thin backshape profile on the original pointy heads is my preference. It's sweetness, and the Bull is very true to it.

Actually, I'd love to be able to order a couple of new stratheads with the pointyhead backshape. That'd be my ideal set-up. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I had ordered a custom Charvel from Guitar Asylum and I have to get in there to make sure the neck is round like the Charvel 25th.

Comment

The pointy neck profile is also my preference and I love the feel of a pointy neck. In fact I play my pointies way more than my Strat Heads.

I am very impressed with those Bulls Eyes RI's as they are very very close to the originals.
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

the GX bull rules!!!!!

Comment

and you can still get one I think... I think one left

Comment

Excellent score Chuck..those reissues are very very cool and play/sound fantastic. You won't be disappointed. Excellent grab my friend..are you swapping out the pku??

Also Chuck if ya want me to refinish yours to be like Zakk's camo Bullseye let me know I still have 4 cans of spray paint left down the basement from where I painted mine..lol!!
                              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                              X