strathead sold @ chicago show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strathead sold @ chicago show?

does anybody know anything about this guitar?
    lipstick red,1 humbucker,brass (non-locking tremelo)sperzel keys,no neck plate strat head with large logo in black
    said the guitar is original except what was listed above
    i was told it is a 1982 he said he talked to mike shannon today and mike said he remembers the guitar and will send a letter to validate it????
    any info will be appreciated

Re: strathead sold @ chicago show?

I will check tonight.

Email me
    [email protected]

Comment

Damn,why couldn't this have been at the Framingham MA. show??!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Or the Saratoga NY show! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Mike told me - he never talked to anyone about this guitar - and could not give a letter from a phone call?

I'll check out the picts now

Comment

I seriously doubt Mike told this seller he remembers this red strat. How many red strats do you suppose they cranked out? Pre pro or not?
            No plate? Large logo? No dice right there. Parts guitar...if its even Charvel parts.

Comment

22 fretter? not a prepro...Parts at best but not all Charvel. I suspect the neck is other. If it is possible to check the trussrod adjustment nut that may tell more. The multiple pictures in the other thread carfully miss many of the telltale indicators for validating the neck. No good picture of the skunk stripe.

Do any Charvel owners here hav a strat body where the trem cavith and humbucker route have that rectangular pass thru? I have seen it on parts bodies and Dimarzio bodies but do not remember seeing it on complete guitars, serialized or prepro.
              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Just saw page 2 of the photos

Looks like a wayne neck by the birdseye, recent and light color. I understand the headstock looks a little strange but may just be banged up.
                It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

remember NOT all of those dimarzio parts had the stamp. also chandler, performance & other parts makers from that time had very similar routes to charvels.

Comment

Working...
                  X