Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-Head Pre Pro JAZZ BASS-Live or memorex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Head Pre Pro JAZZ BASS-Live or memorex?

I just got this bass and know absolutly NOTHING about Bass guitars.
    Has anyone ever seen another Jazz bass Chavel?
    What looks good here and what doesn't? Any obvious flags?
    Obviously, the bass has had some mods.
    The Fender pickups and Fender stamped brass bridge are mods. I'm assuming these mods were probably done by the guy who inked in "Bo Diddley" in the neck pocket and dated it for 2002.
    The logo scares me as it is waterslide but I don't much about Pre Pro logos if it is even a pre pro at all.
    I spoke with the custom shop yesterday and a couple employees recall putting out Pre Pro Jazz basses with a top route control cavity in the very early days, so although not typical, a possibility.
    The paint looks original and very well preserved. the primer is white.
    Due to the electronics upgrades the pots are 3 different type with the only identifiable one having a date of being 1982.(so maybe this is a production model Charvel with a missing plate?)
    The markings in the neck pocket leave me puzzled as well.
    The markings are a HUGE "HB" but no date.
    In the neck pocket there appears to be a fancy signature or intials and the number "2940". Perhaps this is a work order?
    Brass strap buttons are intact and the blue color is awfully familiar. It looks like the base coat color you see on alot of HRF graphics strats.

Opinions?
    Questions?

J-Bass 2 (logo)
    J-bass backside
    J-bass 3
    J-bass neck pocket and heel markings
    Brass strap buttons
    Bridge

[ May 28, 2004, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: kickaxeguitars ]

Re: S-Head Pre Pro JAZZ BASS-Live or memorex?

Chuck very cool bass. I also don't know much about Charvel basses but from all the examples I have seen on line (see Rob Wittes site for a few examples) the tuners are always the same shape (style) which is different than those on the bass you have. Maybe someone changed the tuners or they were requested by the customer??

Hopefully someone with more knowledge on basses can chime in...logo looks okay to me
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
    X