ok here we go
    so i buy a book on wayne charvel yesterday

starting reading and came across this?check jay adams strathead out

here is the 83 starthead i have

compare pictures
    heres a closeup of the neck and headstock of adams 83 red strathead

heres mine

notice same tuning keys/silver posts
    take a look of the head stock and neck picture of adams guitar about 1/4 incj from the 3rd fret on the low e there is a dark spot(like a chip)reverse negative shows this
    here my picture

also reverse negative you can see that adams guitar is also 22 frets.
    funny story adams friend curt born in encino cali. at age 12 move to Schaumberg Illinois
    well john5 was right the guitar was sold at gc in villa park Illinois funny thing is this is only 16 miles from where curt lived for 7 years?
    did curt buy this from jay then sale it to his buddy in Schaumberg who happens to work for gc 16 miles away?
    well what is it? is it real well from all of this maybe it is
    the only thing different is the bridge and brass volume knob,trees are correct,charvel logo is correct i took measurements off my other 2 strat heads and the head stock is perfect (i think the pictures may have distorted the guitar)but this is where i will leave it.
    btw curts music store is still up and running in cali i will try to call him today and get in touch with jay [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    i will post later

Re: chicago strathead rd 3 new story w/ pixs

so i take it you're getting this one?...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

dm
      yes i think i got a bit of info that helped me make up my mind
      did not get a chance to call the store i will have to wait until tuesday
      but man its weird finding all this stuff out
      could be? maybe yes maybe no but it plays like butter [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

remember what we talked about ...if you like it...get it...d.m.

Comment

dm,
          I got it!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

very cool... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] ...now when do i get to play it? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.

Comment

He he he...well, I guess us so-called "experts" should just pipe down! Show's how much WE know!!

Great score! Congrats!!

Comment

The book.....pic and description as evidence I wouldn't use as much personally. You can't always believe what you see and read to be 100%, clsoe soemtimes but often details are not included..that book was lame. For example page 101, the "kit guitar" Charvel is written as a 1980 which maybe true but it is a kit guitar.

Anyway back to this guitar specifically, I think the body is real but the guitar as a whole has been modified, example tuners, string trees, neck plate, input jack etc...I think it was made from parts IMO.

But as d.m. pointed out if ya like the way she plays and sounds...excellent score
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Chuckracer
                  you guys are the experts
                  me no way but after what i found out i was like hmm? well looks like they made this style guitar in question
                  then dm talked with me and said remember if you like it and it plays gooood then the hell with it buy it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  i got the guitar because it does play great
                  if its a parts guitar oh well it a nice parts guitar
                  if i ever get solid proof it's all there then that will be icing on the the cake
                  dm i will be over sometime this week and we can let you take a closer look
                  i would like to thank all the forum members who have added to this thread!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  i have learned alot by the conversations on the thread
                  so again guys thanks so much for all the info
                  charveljunkie

Comment

considering the info michael & wayne giveout, i wouldnt believe one word of that book. we're talking about a guy who verifies & remembers guitars that he wasnt even around to see get built....just my 2cents.

Comment

Great history - I always liked this guitar.

Cheers

Comment

one thing you have to remember ... the rules are just a guideline anyways.. there are always going to be exceptions to said rules, we learn it with every new score. While there are a lot more guitars that fit the rules it isn't alaways law ..
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Interesting info...

So it does not have a plate... did it ever?
                          It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

That Wayne book is poorly written at best. I would only take information at face value especially when it comes to the guitars themselves.

The author does not seem to be up on guitars and it appears that the author added pics info of guitars at last minute. Check out some other pics, there are import models etc. For example page 104 "Flag guitar" (body shaped like a Ernnie Ball EVH) with Strat Head. I highly doubt thats a factory original Charvel.

My point is just because its in the book it doesn't mean nothing..people may have had misinformation on the guitar and I don't think the book was written around guitars in particular but rather the man. as a result I would doubt that any of the guitars in the book were resarched/validated but rather added to the book based on the info given to the author by owner. Like I said the guitar in question is a parts guitar and very cool.
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I agree with you on the Book - a lot of hype.
                              But the picture is worth a 1000 words.
                              I also believe this one was completed in the factory as a artist relation or an employee project. I bet it plays/sounds like a dream.
                              It's a very cool example in my book [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X