Strange Charvel Reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Charvel Reissues

I don't know if anyone has ever seen this but I have a Charvel San Dimas IIIW that has a birdseye lacewood top. On top of that its not painted the way the catalogs advertised. It has a black back instead of the clear mahogany back. And has the rare vintage sunburst top. This birdseye lacewood has a very cool appearance. Its looks like a cheetas back when light hits it.

Re: Strange Charvel Reissues

pics?
    I love the way Lacewood looks.
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Someone was asking about this before

The custom shop did a limited run of these for guitar center (a low cost SDIII) that they never took delivery of ...

They were Wilkonson trems,Lace Sensor pickups,Sperzel locking tuners, Mahagany back and Quilt maple tops.. the backs were done in black and the plates were chrome. There were 33 of each color made... IE: Purple,Green,Sunburst ...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

This is not one of the guitar center guitars. It has a black serial plate. And was made in 1995 the first year of production for the reissues. I believe the guitar center run was done later in one of the following years.

Comment

nope.. I had one of the guitar center ones.. it was a 95.. the one I owned ended up being Alex Skolink's clinic guitar.. I got it from the east coast rep ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by charvelous:
            ... 1995 the first year of production for the reissues...
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reissues production already started in late 1994. I owned a San Dimas IV, made in November 1994

Comment

Where are the pics? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X