• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on my pawn shop find

Sweet score!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

DAMN! Now that is the beauty of pawn shops! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

wow...great find and what a steal! Congratulations [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I pulled the single coils last night and the routes are smooth and clean. As you can see in one of the pics above, the sides are all black and the bases are mostly yellow paint from the overspray. Maybe this is the original factory layout.

I was checking out Jim Shine's website (which has some great info and pics) and there are a couple other San Dimas strats that have similar marking in the neck pocket. The "Extra" and "SS" on my guitar are almost identical to a couple on his site.

Once I get the neck restored and get it back into playing shape I'll let you guys know.

Comment

The routes look original to me, I also think it was a s-s-hum layout.

Jims site (www.jimshine.com)has Jackson guitars (and cool vintage Fender) not Charvels. I think the dates etc and initials on Jims Jacksons are different than those found on an early Charvel like yours. That part confuses me but some employees remained so...but the dates would not match. I highly doubt that the markings on early Jacksons were the same, does anyone know for sure? I don't think they were..

lol...see my earlier post above..the links I posted in my repsonse are to my site and are found on Charvel not Jackson guitars. I posted them so you could compare the pics markings with yours, i.e I did the homework for you.

FYI I have one or two other Charvels in my collection that have "extra" written on either the neck or in the neck pocket.
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Absolutely killer! It has a vibe that says that it was used, not just a bedroom queen.
              Very cool to find something like that in a pawn shop.

Comment

Man, what a find! I love pawn shops, too, for that reason. My best find was an excellent-condition Ibanez JPM P4 for $375, but that pales compared to your awesome deal! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

why do you guys keep torchering me with way too hot guitars ? congratz on that strathead man , it friggin' rocks

Comment

SAME REASON WHY A DOG LICK'S HIS GROCERIES,
                    BECAUSE THEY CAN. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Honestly, I am not a fond of these Strat Charvels, neither I like the finish that much, but there's something that makes this guitar so lovely.

I don't know, maybe it's its character or the way you described the whole thing.

Anyway, if you like it, I like it. It's your guitar, you will be playing it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

HRF is always a cool finish and I think it is THE prmemier finsih on a Charvel.
                        No toher graphic seems to scream "CHARVEL" like a HRF.

Nice guitar, better price = GREAT SCORE!

Comment

Wow. Now I need a HRF. I guess I should start hitting the pawn shops.

Comment

Great find at a great price. Congrats! Enjoy!

Comment

Hey Gtrbuyer-
                              My bad on that one. I was surfing around Jim's site and didn't realize that I got linked over to your site. Thanks for all the great info. Any idea how I can get a copy of the original work order or info on the origins of this bad boy? I assume you got yours before the iron fist came down. I'm curious about the original specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche:
                                Any idea how I can get a copy of the original work order or info on the origins of this bad boy?
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As far as the original work order. Make a burning sacrifice of one Jackson guitar and one Fender guitar to the guitar gods while dancing around in your wifes or girlfriends clothes singing "I want action." Sorry, C.C. Deville has a HRF could resist the Poison reference. After that Fender may release the work order info. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                As far as general info on your Charvel there are a lot of very knowledgeable guys around here to answer most of your questions. Enjoy that awesome find.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X