Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lookee what I just found -- Charvel Star Strathead

three words... you lucky bastard [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Congratulations, I really think its cool hearing these kind of stories. Leaves hope out there for others who may uncover more.. in the most unusual places.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

What a nice fukkin guitar... very impressed. DAMN SWEET

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

CHEERS

Comment

As for the bubble - Damn - If it were mine I might try to get some white glue behind it just to back it up so it does not get worse (I would not try to clamp it - just fill it). white glue is reversable if you should have it repaired. GMW could doi it - just the edge - don't redo the face - It's one of the nicest lighting graphic I have seen - leave it as original as you can. The chip give it more class [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
        Why it bubbled? Moisture behind the paint or the wood was damp? ???

Damn great find. if you decide to sell [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I'm here with may others on the board.

CHEERS

Comment

leave alone..do NOT restore or fix it..its killer...
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

man that star smokes [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            great find [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool guitar.. isn't that graphic on one of the early catalogs? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I KNOW I've seen it somewhere before..

Comment

Holy Shit!!!!!!!! Another all original pre-pro made just weeks before serialized production began. I've never seen one that clean, NEVER!

Congrats man! I just wonder what the guy would have said if you had offered less....... he probably would have sold it...... hahahaha.

Comment

Awesome score. That is a really sweet guitar! Enjoy!

Comment

it's finds like this for money like that that tell me that everything can be right with the world from time to time.

couldn't have happened to a cooler guy.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Not that guitar again. I regret the day I ever put it together. I got the body from relicmaster. It was a japanese Dimarzio and I sanded the neck pocket and added the pencil markings to match the guitars I saw on one of the Charvel sites. I got the neck from ebay, It is off an early MIM strathead. The decal is off eBay too and the trem and electronics are from an electra that I still have.

I should put that electra back together as they are going up in value as we speak. What do you say you just sell that star back to me for what I paid.....

Thanks for sharing that one with us, Please leave it as is, it is too cool

Kev
                      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] at kevin

[img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
                        on a serious note, after some soul searching that took over 6 seconds to confirm with myself, i am now going to rifle through my bosses neighbor's house. they are out for dinner right now so i gotta roll. time is of the essence, and i am turning to crime. all this scoring has given me a scorching case of jonesin'. i will do what it takes to get a charvy back in my lovin' arms, and i will continue to overpay if need be.
                        if i get caught and go to jail, would that be considered overpaying for a charvy? i don't think so.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                          it's finds like this for money like that that tell me that everything can be right with the world from time to time.

couldn't have happened to a cooler guy.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree on all points: well said indeed.

I strongly believe that karma or whatever you want to call it is real. And Tom got to be the right guy in the right place at the right time: too freaking cool.

Now he can play it at the finals for the BOTB! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

K
                          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Awesome score!!! What a story. I guess this will start a nationwide scouring of pawnshops and other locations for neglected Charvels. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Congrats on a unique find, and thanks for the post. I love stories like that. Like finding a Shelby Cobra in an old barn.

Comment

Great effin find brother.....WOW ....WOW.....damn....WOW
                                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                                X