Painted Charvel Neck Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Charvel Neck Question

I have a painted San Dimas Charvel neck. It's black with an ebony board and a floyd nut. (Hoss posted pics of it for me a long time ago) I have had it for a handful of years, but I haven't used it because I prefer unfinished necks. So my question is should I strip the paint or trade it to someone who might want a somewhat rare Charvel finished neck?

Any thoughts?

Re: Painted Charvel Neck Question

If the paint is original, and I have NO idea how you'd verify that, so lets assume it is, then I would find a trader.
    Painted necks are rather rare coming out of the SD shop and someone out there may be needing one for a restore.

Comment

agree if the neck is all original I would leave it as is and sell/trade...post pics of the truss rod nut, the paint stick holes (holes in the bottom of neck)and a close up of the logo..this will help people determine if its legit. If legit trade it..for more info see my collection (site) in particular these links

http://usacharvels.com/charvel/charvelgallery/3419.htm

http://usacharvels.com/charvel/charvelgallery/1176.htm

There are a few other examples for lacquer necks also in my collection, see for example Charvels #3348 and 4641
      http://usacharvels.com/charvel/charvelgallery/4641.htm

The pics should give you and idea about the paint stick pattern and other details.

Good Luck
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Thanks guys. I was thinking the same, but I wanted to see what others thought about it.

I snapped some pics. Hopefully the links work...
        Headstock
        Neck
        Headstock back
        Heel

The paint stick makes look the same as your gtrbuyer. The rest matches my other SD Charvel necks so I am pretty sure it is real. The neck is in good shape. It needs a fret dressing to clean up the string grooves in the first ~8 frets. There are a few pin hole size bubbles on the head stock, but I think with tuners and stings on it they would be hard to see. They are really small anyway.

I thought about putting it on a Star I use to own (my friend now owns it). However, the star was origionally a strat head so it really wouldn't be right and that doesn't solve the finish issue. I might have to trade it. I have a SD Charvel Strat that needs a neck. Right now it has an '86 Jackson neck on it. I would like to get the build sheet for it and get the right neck for it. I wish Jackson would provide the build sheets again! I have few that I would like to verify and/or restore.

Thanks again!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

cool..I thought I was banned from posting...

The pics look like it is the real deal however I suspect it was modded for a Floyd nut. Very cool neck and looks good from the pics. I suspect it was factory painted and was originally a v-trem guitar.

If ya sell let me know..its cool..or ebay..you maybe shock of its value.

Thanks for sharing pics with us. I have other pics of my painted necks that will be posted up on my site soon. Keep checking for updates.
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Restoration is one thing,modification is another,if the paint is original I'd leave it alone & find someone who will appreciate it the way it is & try to work out a trade/deal bro!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Chucksplatter

Comment

Working...
            X