My Next Charvel/What body wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Next Charvel/What body wood?

Hey All, Well I will be getting with Matt this week to hammer out the final specs for my next Charvel Strathead.Since one of you here beat me to the Retro Bengal at Guitars Asylum that is what I will be ordering.Since I already have a couple of alder Charvels and this will have a Lynch type vibe I am thinking Maple but I do like the tone of Mahogany. What would you order?

Not maple.

Mahogany. Or, better still, Ash.

Comment

I was thinking ash as well. The red strathead run is going to be ash with a Custom / 59 set & it's going to kill.

Comment

Ash. Go Eddie style.

Ash, '78, maple board. Floyd or Vintage trem.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Can't go wrong with alder!

Comment

Ash or basswood!

Comment

Maple?
              Maple is a fine piece of wood, loads of singing sustain and with the right pickup you'll be very happy. So its alittle heavy, don't let that stop ya, maple is a very good piece of wood for a body. Just match it up with the right pickup and your golden. Once you go maple you'll never try another piece of wood again, it spoils you, it did me anyways.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Ash.

Comment

+1 for basswood

Comment

Korina is good too but you want to go with a more biting pickup to offset the mellow tone (similar to mahogany, not as heavy).

Comment

Korina or mahogany for sure. (Korina is basically mahogany). True about the pup, I just put an 81 on a Korina body and it sounds awesome! Funny thing is........it sounds exactly like my Basswood body with an 81. hmmmmm........
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

KOA, its as warm as mahogany, but as bright & defined as maple.

Comment

Mahogany with a maple top. Not too traditional but it's a cool tone with a v-trem and a maple board.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                          X