Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wholy Moly!

Comment

I'm blown away!!! It turned out incredible. Congrats.

Comment

Way to go, Pat! That is a killer ax. Love the little details with the fret markers and logo. Enjoy bro!

Comment

Incredible, amazing, WOW!

Comment

Photos have been relinked with better versions.

For those asking about price, list was just over $4k. Graphic and neck work-heavy, you know? Guesstimate street price from there.

And thanks guys.

Comment

Wow!!! I just saw a picture of that neck on Jackson's site yesterday. Congrats!!!!!!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Since it's non-recessed, is the neck shimmed (never been a fan of shimming), or did they cut the pocket angle just right to have a better contact between body and neck?
                Just a guitar player...

Comment

thats the bomb-congrats on a true one of a kind

Comment

Very nice and totally unique! Very labor intensive work they did at the factory! The inlays and the logo is a cool touch!
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

DAYUM!!!
                      I'd be afraid to play it... for about 30 seconds.
                      Every guitar deserves to be played.
                      Nice score!
                      -Rick

Comment

Ha! I knew the response to this was going to be awesome... Congrats Pat, that thing is cool as hell!
                        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

What else can be said about such coolness? Congrats!
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wow, that's ...........ah different?
                            Very cool though, I remember when the original pics were going around on Tracys site. Big Congrats Pat!
                            Question though....what the hell does that fret board feel like painted?
                            I'd be scared to play it (want to keep it perfectly clean)
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick
                              what the hell does that fret board feel like painted?
                              I'd be scared to play it (want to keep it perfectly clean)
                              It's clearcoated, bro. So when playing, you're not touching paint - you're touching lacquer. Essentially, it feels like your standard maple f'board Fender Strat. ...Well, I think they use satin now, but you get the point. (And Charvel neck profile of course, though.)

I've always been cool with cleared necks. I prefer the feel of oiled ones, but the "feel" difference is not a huge factor to me. Besides, clearcoated necks don't have the same seasonal issues as oiled necks so, IMHO, they're more stable.

As to keeping it clean: polish and wipe, my friend. That's all. Less maintence than keeping an oiled maple f'board clean. Heck, less mainenance than ebony, even. No oiling to keep the board from drying out. :P

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury
                                Since it's non-recessed, is the neck shimmed (never been a fan of shimming), or did they cut the pocket angle just right to have a better contact between body and neck?
                                Don't know, don't care. IMHO, doesn't matter. It plays and sounds killer, that's the bottom line.

Comment

Working...
                                X