Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Think I am becoming tired of this guitar, as crazy as that sounds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've taken all of your advice and am holding on to it. It's in the closet in the case snoozing, waiting 'til I want to open it up and shred again. In the meantime, I have more than enough other axes to keep me busy!

Thanks

Comment

Did you wipe it clean before storing it, now?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06
        I've taken all of your advice and am holding on to it. It's in the closet in the case snoozing, waiting 'til I want to open it up and shred again. In the meantime, I have more than enough other axes to keep me busy!

Thanks
        you made the right decision

Comment

Twenty yars ago I had a 1967 Guild Starfire IV. It was in good condition and played like butter. I then figured that it was best to sell it, which I did for $ 650. Since then I bitterly regretted that move. You might imagine, that such guitars do not grow on trees in Germany.

A couple of weeks ago, I found this very guitar in a local store. Price tag is now 2,5 k. You could say that I learned my lesson, buy it back and never sell it again. But the guitar is really beat up now and I do not like semiacoustics to be that way. So I am not into buying.

I am now expecting to wake up one morning run to the store to get it only to find out that it was sold the other day ... it´s a mess. GAS can never be cured.

Comment

I've surpassed the phase of selling it, have decided to give it some much needed love by way of a re-finish.

Some clown drilled a hole for another volume knob(it used to be a jazz guitar with funky pickups and coil taps) which will be filled as will the recess(floyd will be a top mount again). I've chosen Ferrari Red as my KV2 is simply awesome in that color.

GMW will be doing the work. I'll keep you posted when it is going forward. It's definite that is for sure.

Thanks again!

Comment

Keep it Dude , don't sit back one day thinking about all the ggod times you use to have with it. Think about all the good times still to come. Even if it's sitting at home jammin infront of the TV .
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Just an update....

It is going to remain as it is,(paintwise) original finish with the rest of the ideas scrapped.

I played it the other day and like you guys said, it was like an old friend who finally came around!

I won't lie...the chrome floyd would look great(Jack Butler like!) and I could switch the knob to black.

I guess I am a sentimental type after all

jay

Comment

Its like the girl who moves in next door, sure shes different thant your wife of twenty years, she is new and all, but twenty years from now would she stilll be around ??? Stick with what works. I have my first giutar a 1984 gibson explorer..... She is the best guitar to date I have ever played... Boring or not...(However I did do a refin Gold and cream)

Comment

I went as far to grab some compound(I am also a detailer) and gave red charvie a much needed de-oxidization. I know some here are leary of using car products on guitars, but this one has seen numerous applications of it. LOTS of little scratches we're removed. It could probably use a stripping of the pickups and floyd for a machine buff...but I am happy now with how it looks.(I used 3M 39009, Meguiars body scrub and Meguiars polish)

Comment

Working...
                    X