David Gilmour with a Charvel!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Gilmour with a Charvel!?!

This was posted on the Seymour Duncan board...I have shamelessly stole everything from their thread.

...because it belongs here at the JCF!

Video below...

In a performance to benefit the Columbian Volcano Relief Fund, on February 9, 1986, Gilmour used a blonde 57 re-issue Stratocaster during the first song, “Run Like Hell.” Gilmour played a Yamaha synthesizer to simulate the sound of a piano for the song, “Out of the Blue.” Gilmour’s set concluded with “Comfortably Numb.” This song was played with a Charvel Stratocaster style guitar. The guitar included a single EMG white humbucking pickup

Pretty neat!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

he used a charvel tele on his about face album as well...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

That is a beauty! Nice tone too.

Comment

Dave is a god...man oh man.......
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Dave used some Charvel necks...he had one on his black Strat..the one played at Live 8. It now has a '57 reissue neck.

I will check the video....sounds interesting.

One of my alltime faves.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

We have an old 8x10 promo photo from David. In that pic he is holding the Charvel you see in the video. Pretty cool!

Comment

care to post a pic?

Comment

Its a Fender tele on my copy of About Face.A wellworn Feder tele.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

A picture would be great

Comment

Damn, the vid's no longer there.
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by jcmktgguy
                      We have an old 8x10 promo photo from David. In that pic he is holding the Charvel you see in the video. Pretty cool!

scan it please?
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Once I have seen a concert with Dave on TV. I was noticing very quick that he then was playing one if the mid-1990s Charvel San Dimas reissues.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
                          Its a Fender tele on my copy of About Face.A wellworn Feder tele.
                          not talking about cover...talking about recording the album...somewhere in an old interview he states using it to record a lot of the tracks...never seen a pic of it...but then again god knows how many guitars that man actually owns at this point...lol..d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Good point and he DOES know quality guitars.I would love to see his collection.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

JacksonCharvelMarketingGuy.....we need that pic........please???
                              My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X