No announcement yet.

New Charvel Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrates on the new guitar. I had talked to Matt about that one before. Looks great!
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Sweet guitar, joe!!!! That thing is just incredible - how are you liking it?
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Looks great Joe!!
        Congrats!!

Comment

Great looking guitar! Congrats.

Comment

Awesome! I've looked at that many times on Matt's site, as well as many others. Stars just look so cool. Maybe someday I'll have one for myself! Having never played one, how's the upper fret access. It looks to be pretty tight, but I find a Dinky cutaway to be somewhat small and cramped as well. Congrats
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

lookin' good.. I begin to feel the urge to get one myself

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonfan
                Having never played one, how's the upper fret access. It looks to be pretty tight, but I find a Dinky cutaway to be somewhat small and cramped as well. Congrats
                Upper fret access is a little cramped, mainly on the high E string at the 22nd fret, but it's not too bad. I can pretty much work around it. I'm digging this guitar a lot!!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looks great! Stars are a great "different without being heinous" body type IMO.

Comment

Great stuff Joe, congratulations on being a Star owner. How do you find playing it standing up? Much different to a Dinky/Strat?

I think Stars have come with form fit cases since they were re-introduced, which is why I was suprised the Strat shaped Charvels were not. I asked about a new Charvel Star case a couple of years ago and it was form fitted.

Comment

Vic, it feels great standing up as well as sitting down. Though, it tends to tilt a little forward, out from my body like my old Kelly did, but not as much, so I really can't complain (maybe it's my beer gut! LOL). Sitting down, the jack location annoys me a little by having the cable dig into my leg, but a right-angle cable helps.
                      And as far as the form-fitting cases, Chuck Splatter mentioned to me that there's been some cases that didn't have the full neck support and the neck would touch the bottom of the case. This one is fine and keeps the headstock above the case floor.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sweet Simplicity...congratulations!
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

awesome man!! i can't wait till i've finished making mine!!

Comment

congrats to you, sir, it's nice to see you received her!!!!! Play the hell out of it!!
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Nice guitar. Your photography skills are also improving.

Comment

Working...
                                X