• Show
Clear All

word.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Ron mode on... "Ontario." ...Ron mode off.

Comment

I didn't see it as trashing either, it seemed more like opinion to me and everybody is entitled to theirs.
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Well, if anyone wants to pass the white "lighter in a crackhouse" jackson on to me, I'll be glad to take a toke...

I never had a chance to get my hands on that one.

Comment

Come to think of it, I heard the 3rd one was green metalflake, not white, maybe the white one is from a different run...

Comment

Well I supppose it's all in how you interpret what he said. Different opinions there, too. Only Jake knows what he really meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E.
                Well, if anyone wants to pass the white "lighter in a crackhouse" jackson on to me, I'll be glad to take a toke...

I never had a chance to get my hands on that one.
                Dont know where that one is, but the gold one resides in california and the dealer wants 7 K for it, hense the crack house lighter.Before that it changed hands last i counted 4 times in that many years.

But yeah, i would take a hit off of any of his charvels and jacksons.

Which raises another point, they were Jacksons, not Charvels right?

The last USA Charvels were made in jan-feb of 86 and jake got his blue and purpleburst right around that time so more then likely they were his last Charvels.

When the hell did i turn into a screw counter???????? shit ............

Comment

Yes, they were Jacksons. I still have the hang tag and build sheet for the gold one around here somewhere.

Comment

So the new Charvels are really just Jacksons? Damnit...I've been had!
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Maybe he just thinks the guitars sucked, regardless of what anyone else who plays them thinks. A friend of mine has an old ass Les Paul he swears is the best feeling and playing one out there. I played it and was like, eh, I'll take my Destroyer over this.

Comment

How many people around here have griped about a new Charvel or Jackson? I mean it's gone one for pages and pages. There have been several custom shop pieces that have shown up here with major problems, but we don't hang the guy making the comments. He's talking about some guitars that were made over 10 years ago that he hasn't seen in that amount of time or more and a lot of people here are ready to lynch him... :/ And the comments aren't that bad anyway.

My $0.02.

J.

Comment

i have to admit,i'm alittle shocked Jake has this opinion about Charvels after all these years..

Comment

One more time for the cheap seats...

He wasn't talking about Charvels, he was talking about the last batch of Jackson's he got around 1990-1991.

Comment

I have talked to a few of the rock guys from the day about this.Michael Sweet, Ron Keel and a few others have said that nothing matched the magic of the San Dimas charvel/jacksons. All tried them after Grover left and all switched to other brands.

Comment

The only thing I can think is "Poor George".

Comment

Working...
                                X