No announcement yet.

Jake E. Lee Trashes SD Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't care what jake e lee says. i personally agree that every jackson i have played from, say 1990 until 1997-98 wasn't that great. i think they got a lot better in the late 90's.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
      James would it be due to the brightness of the maple?
      That's my guess Kev. I didnt really think about it too hard before seeing the article. My 2/90 shit the bed after my last gig in cambridge (a friend dropped the rack!) and I replaced it with a 50/50 which I then "tuned" in the practice space for use with an '86 s-head. Sounded great with the alder/rw, but when I brought the maple/maple gmw to practise last week, squeal city. I am using an emg with a new battery, so the pup is not the issue.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Regardless of Jake's opinion.....I remember them being very cool looking guitars.

While we are talking about them........Any pics?? Ralph?? Dave??

Either the gold sparkle or the oil finish??

Comment

There used to be a "Gear" section on jakeelee.com but couldn´t find it!!!
          I saw his guitars there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer
            There used to be a "Gear" section on jakeelee.com but couldn´t find it!!!
            I saw his guitars there!!!
            Here:http://www.jakeelee.com/html/index.php?name=Equipment

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

"Access Denied

You are trying to access a restricted area.

All Access Members group access required"
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm gonna have to agree with Sully here I think he is just telling his side. as for the Jacksons my favorite & best playing Jacksons have been 2 90's Pro's. I owned a USA custom shop & it was nice but didn't like the feel of it.it played great just wasn't me. I've never gotten into the Charvels that much I've only owned 2 both imports so I have no opinion on the SD stuff.
                It is a shame what has happened to Jake , but I would like to see him do more stuff, what ever guitarhe is playing. Like EVH I'ld like to see him get his focus back & put something out.
                According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  "Access Denied

You are trying to access a restricted area.

All Access Members group access required"
                  You have to register with the site Ron.

Comment

Sorry about the link not working. I've been an "all access member" since Jan. and was unaware of the restrictions.
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Ya it is a total electronics issue!! I like some feedback in my setup!! But it definatly has nothing to do with the wood! Jake should go back to the drugs/boose!

Originally posted by shreddermon
                      That's because it's . I've never EVER heard of certain types of woods being more prone to feedback. That's not to say it doesn't have any impact whatsoever. But I wouldn't even put it on a list of significant contributing factors. Feedback is most definitely more of an electronics issue.

Honestly, that statement itself is what flagged Jake's response as probable BS to me. IMHO, he's either full of s**t or pretty misinformed.

Besides, it was still a freakin' custom shop, no? If swamp ash really meant that much to him, he could've just made a point to request it.

(Side note: I do agree with Jake that swamp ash rocks in a major way, though. Order a custom shop with a SA body, and it'll blow your socks off. White leather boots and all. )
                      I love admins!

Comment

I am going to play devil's advocate here and say this:

It makes absolutely no difference what Jake E. Lee says about Jacksons and Charvels, because outside of the small community of Jasckson/Charvel nuts....nobody gives a shit about Jake. He isn't going to sell many new Jacksons or Charvels to the kids, trust me. Jim Root has a better shot at making a difference today than Jake....at least he is on MTV holding one.

Jake has basically been a non-entity in the music business since he left Ozzy....at least as far as having a potential impact on the image of a particular guitar company.

You know what guitar of Jake's I craved after seeing him in a video? A white SG Junior...not a Charvel.

Mike
                        Last edited by MBreinin; 05-10-2006, 02:09 PM.
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Like others have said, he's not talking about his Charvels but his Jacksons. He played the crap out of the Blue and Purple burst Charvels back in the day. He seemed to like those alot.

Comment

he is still my favorite Ozzy Guitarist
                            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonite
                              he is still my favorite Ozzy Guitarist
                              Mine too!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
                                Jake has basically been a non-entity in the music business since he left Ozzy....at least as far as having a potential impact on the image of a particular guitar company.

You know what guitar of Jake's I craved after seeing him in a video? A white SG Junior...not a Charvel.

Mike
                                Mike I agree with that except you forgot to say "since he left Badlands." because they were one hell of a band.

and I love that SG Jr too!
                                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                                X