Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I much appreciate the comments, people

Originally posted by Chrisb
    I'm dying to get a Model III or IV in koa (they did make the IV in Koa right?).
    Yes, Koa body with binding and some maple top (quilt i think). I don't think it was available without the maple top though...?

And i think the IV (and the Standard) was only available the first time around (1995).
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

i bought one from pete a few years ago, and i had a similar experience to his; great guitar, felt great, played great, but 24 frets and a v trem was just....weird.

one thing that i like about them is that the necks aren't all the same. the one i had had a rounder backshape than some of the others. easton had a bunch of those necks, many of them had different backshapes. all of them were cool.

put it this way, close to the original or not, it's a custom shop built guitar. they don't go for a lot of money, so if you see one, grab it.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
        I don't know much about ProMusictools but i thought so too, the price was way over...

Zerberus, totally off topic here, where in Germany would i find the lowest price for a DK2M SW... you think?
        From a good Dealer in the USA such as Mattsmusic or Vwall, it´s about 20-30% cheaper to buy stateside and Import it yourself, even with all the associated costs

Thomann seems to have semi-fair prices on the Imports as well....

Comment

Thomann is my preferred dealer in Germany. Ordering from Thomann compared to, say OnlineStageGear:

THOMANN
          DM2M: 519 EUR + shipping 8 EUR (including danish VAT)
          Result: 527 EUR or $674

OnlineStageGear (approx. prices, i can't say for sure!)
          DK2M: $649, Shipping: $100
          Danish VAT: 25%, Danish import tax: 2%
          Result: (649 + 100) x 1.27 = $951

How do you get the 20-30% savings in favour of importing from America?

I know this is pretty much OT, admins... maybe i should start a new thread.
          Henrik

Comment

Hey its a Charvel Topic not a Jackson Topic.

I write here, coz i will buy a charvel san dimas IV reissue 95. And i dont understand why mine charvel have a black hardware...?????

San Dimas III have black hardware and IV have Gold Hardware. But mine have black hardware and all other things are like SD IV .... So, i've got a question for you folks : Is it possible that some SD IV have Black hardware.?

To avoid some questions about mine charvel :

It got white binding, tuning gear with charvel logo, FRO and maple birdseye neck and quilted maple top. (maybe koa for the body but i'm not sure. I don't know enough the difference between woods to be sure.)

Thx for your answers.
            Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

NObody have an answer for that?.

Comment

No answers, sorry.
                But I do have other questions... does Charvel serial numbering give any clues to the year? I'm looking at an SD, not sure what it is really, but I think it's a mahogany body, 24 fret r/w fingerboard, strathead, twin hums, gold hardware with original Floyd. Ser no. 950965?
                Thanks, Matt

Comment

Think I just found the answer to my questions, under Scotty's 'New Charvel Serial Numbers' post.
                  A mid 90's SD1? Does that sound right?

Comment

Look at the first two digits when it's about a San Dimas Series from the mid nineties... 95 = 1995. Yep, sounds like an SD I from 1995.

I've got the catalog up here:
                    http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/CatalogScans.htm

Sorry about the 90-91 catalog auction, freakmatt, but you can watch it for free on my site now
                    Last edited by jackson1; 06-14-2006, 08:07 AM.
                    Henrik

Comment

Yeah i will have the same but mine have black hardware. Dont understand why, but it's not a matter, black dont blemish like gold with time.

Comment

Thanks Jackson1 - hey no problem about the 91 catalogue. At least with you buying it it can now be available for all through your website - a great resource!

Comment

Does the fact that the guitar I'm looking at has a Gibbo style toggle selector as oppossed to a blade type mean anything? All the publicity and pictues I've seen of the SD1 show the blade type?

Comment

freakmatt, all San Dimas Series 1995 and 1996 uses the blade switch if any. I have NEVER seen a toggle switch used on those. Now is the time you show us a pic or two of that guitar you're looking at.
                            Henrik

Comment

You should find it here...

Comment

There is a mix of blade and toggle selectors. I had two 95 models, each with different selectors.

Comment

Working...
                                X