Charvel San Dimas Series - your opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zebutcher View Post
    I already have a Schecter Mercury in swampash and its more heavier than my other guitars.
    If it's heavy, then it's not swamp ash. It would be northern hard ash. I've never heard of or felt any swamp ash guitar that was heavy.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Heavy as my ESP Horizon or my RRpro.

I look on Schecter Catalog, and it's write swampash... so....

Maybe it's not...
      Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Guys..how do I post my pics here??? I just scored a new SDIII I love it now it can enjoy life with my SDIV,
        For the poster above earlier, all SDIII were mahogany bodies, the weight is also substantily more, the SD is much more heavier, then the KOA SDIV, out of all of the 95 SD series, the lacewood were the lightiest that I had played.

Comment

I am looking tho, if I can catch a 5 SD series with the all maple neck, then its party time! lol

Comment

I used to own this purple guy, as well as an all mahogany one with a wilkinson, and an all koa one with a floyd
            Last edited by LexLuthier; 10-20-2006, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Finally its done :

Those are mine. But i search an SD IV in trans red. If you sell it, send me a PM.

These are the 2 best guitars i 've ever play!
              Jackson & Charvel abuser ...

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
                here's mine ...Koa with Mahogney top
                do not play it very much ......
                from what i understand it has "one of those EASTON necks"
                prolly one of the putiest geetars i own

I found the exact same guitar in a GC today. The one i saw had a real pretty top and a FLoyd on it. But on the bottomedge and near the input jack it had some dings that were pretty rough. Their price is $1100 but they said they would give it to me for $950. It played really nice, but I'm very leary of buying guitars that are banged up guitars. It just kills the value on the used market and i never hang onto stuff that long.
                Check out some of my Boogie IIC+, III, and various other amps clips here.
                http://soundcloud.com/danieldowning

Comment

After looking for a mid nineties SD for a while I just bought an SD1 off eBay. Gotta say it's an awesome guitar with one of the nicest necks I've ever played. The previous owner had replaced the pickups for EMG's (85+89 I think) which sound great.

Interestingly though it has a push/pull coil tap on the neck p'up via the volume control and it has a tone control - would these be a modification or could they be original?

Comment

Yeah, I watched you win that one, Matt. Congrats, it looks very sweet. Still buying catalogues, eh?

About your question: I dunno.
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

the charvels could have had any color floyd on them...witness my old one that i sold to lerxstcat...d.m.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Catalogues...? Ummm, trying, but only for guitars I own, have owned, or would like to own, so that's most of them ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                          Fun thread. I could look at these pics all day. Here's mine:

hello,

i'm new in this forum but i have a charvel of 1985 there is 10 years ago a very rare charvel swiss cheese guitar and i check up on a san dimas III green and at the first i have to believe than this is a fake charvel because i have see a neck plate jackson and a scalloped heel in the body but i can to see on this photo than this is very rare but it can be possible...
                          usually we can to see a black charvel neck plate and no scalloped heel on the body....

here you can see the charvel san dimas III than i checked...

i have all read all the information and i'm very happy and less anxious to know than this is not a fake

Thank's to everyone

Bumble

Comment

The interesting thing about your guitar Bumble is that it seems to have a glossy clear coat, where these guitars should have an oil finished body. Otherwise from what I can see it looks fine, just that it seem to have been clear coated by someone. This can be removed of course.

The earliest versions of these guitars came with the Jackson neck plate, heel scallop, and skunk stripe. The Charvel plated guitars don't have the stripe or the scallop. The Charvel plates did come in black chrome and normal chrome, I have both.

Comment

Gene, I believe the stained top guitars (he said an SD III in green) had gloss backs. IIRC, only the (natural) koas were oiled?

Comment

Ah, never thought of that, haven't seen too many SDIII's and IV's.

Comment

Working...
                                X