S/N 7159: Inspired by Jack Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, how rude of me...

I got sidetracked on the movie tangent and forgot to congratulate you on your fine looking instrument

Cute cats, too
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Good stuff and very nice choice. Simplicity can be the best!
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Deleted
        Last edited by QuantumRider; 06-03-2006, 11:48 AM.
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Holy shit!!! I haven't seen that video for almost 20 years... damn!! Thanks for posting it Pebber.... that is some of the coolest guitar cuttin' ever... woohOO!!!

And great Butler replica my friend....

Now.. go do some HeadCuttin'!!!!

You Think You're Fish

Comment

Neat guitar and the chrome Floyd will look sharp if you do the swap.

So many classic lines from that movie:

"What's wrong? Can't speak, little man? Betcha can't play none either!"

And who would have thought that Ralph Macchio could play Steve Vai under the table?
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I don't even have mine home yet and I want a chrome floyd on it!

Comment

Trying to rest up, but am going crazy not doing much. SO: I took off anything gold from my original charvel. Removed the chrome 80's floyd from the 3DR firecrackle(that'll get my kv2's original black floyd). Tried using the old chrome pivot studs that came with the floyd I bought...but those weren't in good condition.

Here's a preview of how she'll look! A L M O S T Jack Butler's clone!

My new one will definitely get this treatment also.

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06
                  Here's a preview of how she'll look! A L M O S T Jack Butler's clone!
                  NICE! Now you's ready for some SERIOUS head cuttin' ... and since it's an '80s original, you get extra props for having it "period authentic." Sweeeeeet!

--jr
                  「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

You'd seen the finished product and it is KILLER!

Probably an hour or so,I'll be getting your "Twin" axe. I can't wait!

Comment

Let me post my "Jack Butler-esque (Import) Charvel" on here as well...

1988 Model 3A body, Charvel DK-060-SH (Japanese market guitar) neck, OFR.

I put her together after reading this thread. So I guess she's my maple boarded Charvel, inspired by JohnnyRasgueado

Comment

Sweet import!

You gotta admit, Vai is a fine actor. He really pulled that off very well.

You can also see the Charvel strathead in the background with the jumbo logo, it was Eric Johnson's guitar at one point.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Look familiar Johnny?

S.N. 7163

Comment

Very nice Jay!!Soon to have a chrome Floyd??

(5....4....3....2....1....compete lol!!)

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06
                              Look familiar Johnny?

S.N. 7163
                              7163!!! NIIIIIICE!!!

You absolutely gotta get a photo of the old -n- new together, and give a blow-by-blow review of how the two compare. Simply amazing!

So glad that my Charvie's got a twin out there ... why should I be the one having all the fun?

Congrats on a great guitar, and your obviously excellent taste. Ha!

--jr
                              「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

You've got it!

Don't mind the strap buttons missing from the '82. [Or the orangy appearance my '06 has from my camera's flash]

Now, I have to say, the '06 with it's specially formulated oil finished neck, 6100 fretwire('82 has 6105 which are taller and thinner) I think twin JB pups('82 has a jb and a custom) simply rocks! The body is a LOT lighter than the '82 and simply is faster. The '82 has been re-fretted(actually it's an '86 neck) and had a shellac put on the fretboard. I still say it needs to be stripped and whatever this specially formulated oil finish needs to go on it! I prefer the NON-Recessed to the recessed also(my '82 was a top mount, but was recessed at a later date) Soundwise...it's a bit darker than the '82 maybe because the wood hasn't "Aged" yet...but it still has that typical Charvel cut through chunky rhythm and screaming leads. Again, I'm RELIEVED they began making these guitars for us again. If you haven't tried one, you owe it to yourself to check one out.

Both are simply awesome guitars! The red JOHNNY CLONE is top of the herd, with candy blue coming second and the '82 coming third. [EDIT]

Just in case anyone knows a good Doctor, here's evidence I'm in need of some counseling!

Last edited by JZ06; 06-07-2006, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X