my first US Charvel .. #6014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first US Charvel .. #6014

finally after all the Jacksons.. a Charvel GX Bullseye Reissue, #6014..
    love it!

thanks to Mark for lettin' it go!

Very cool Peter
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I shall kill you now and take your guitar...joking.
      Congrat.
      I really like those guitars very sharp.
      How does it play, neck feel?
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

awesome!!! simply awesome.

some girls, instead of the tribal squgglies and such should get an actual bullseye tattoo on their backs hehe!

Comment

Gotta love the bullseye! Congrats on a great guitar.

Comment

wow pebber, congratulations on a real bullseye

But you have a Traditional coming your way too, haven't you? I envy you
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That thing is awesome. I had a chance to buy one and let it go. Regret it now
              What does the GX stand for?

Comment

GX=Guitar Xpress!!Lloyd had a hand in that run with Kevin M.!!Great guitars & credit to Kev & Lloyd for making it happen!!

Comment

I wonder (and this has probably already been discussed) ... but since Lloyd came out with the bullseye before Charvel started making the SD reissues, are there differences between the guitars? Also, is it possible Lloyd's decision to created the bullseye sparked enough interest in reissue Charvels to start making them again? It's a shame that Lloyd no longer sells Charvels/Jacksons. I bought a many from him and he was always a great pleasure to do business with.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

+1 on the question about whether the Bullseye reissues sparked the "Charvel San Dimas" comeback.

Also: Peter, what do you think of the difference in feel between the Charvie and your Jacksons? For me it's totally night and day with the Charvels being more organic and kinda oozing into my hand vs. the Jacksons being ... clinical and sterile? I'm not sure how else to put it.

I'd love to get your thoughts ... if and when you can finally put the Bullseye down, of course ... heh! Congrats!
                    「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy
                      Also, is it possible Lloyd's decision to created the bullseye sparked enough interest in reissue Charvels to start making them again?
                      Actually, our own KMaynard was the driving force behind that run of guitars. He worked on pulling it together with Lloyd. And - although there's no way to prove a direct "connection" - yes, IMHO we wouldn't have the current Charvel line if the Bullseyes hadn't happened before them. Or, at least, they wouldn't be as accurate without them.

As to there being any differences between the GX Bullseye and the current ones, they're pretty small, IMHO. All black hardware vs. brass strap buttons and knobs. Larger screened logo, etc. And, obviously, the neck plate addys are different.

Comment

The Trem plates on the GX are recessed also .. I'm not sure about the new standards ..

The GX was born because everyone was anticipating the return of charvel that year and instead they released an import line which disspointed a lot of the charvel guys ...

there were 4 guitars spec'd out for the run .. Bullseye,Rising Sun,HRF and the 4th escapes me. The bull was the most cost effective and was actually quoted much higher than the eventual price that was paid. (I may still even have the excel form with the quotes somewhere)The maple board was added because the only production guitar with maple was the PC1 at the time.

The original idea during the run was that every guitar was going to get an EHV (78) pu to showcase the pu. The cost per guitar was too high and aborted.

There were 50 3d charvel ontario plates cast by Lloyd to get this as authentic as possible. The original order was for 30 guitars with an open rec to build up to 50 as demand allowed. the other 20 were never built. I was lucky enough to get one of the 3d plates for my Bigmouth before they were put on the bulls .. So my BM is 6007 and my Bull is 6011.

The white and black was chosen along with the black hardware to appeal to the widest crosssection of buyers as was the OFR. When news started to break for the guitars everyone was pulling in the direction of what they wanted. Lloyd stuck by his guns to the orginal specs given to hi. In a phonecall to discuss the guitar with him I called to ask if the original SD control routes would be possible and Lloyd just happened to be with Tim Wilson when I called so we ironed it out pretty easily..

The neck was originally going to be duplicated from a neck that Bret Dennis was going to provide but Tim Wilson had one he could duplicate ...

Just a bit of history from the top of my head. I'm sure there's more I'll remember later .. but thanks for the props ..it is always really cool to hear people were happy with these ..
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Killer Kev. These things are so cool. I freakin love mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
                            The GX was born because ...
                            Wow! Many thanks for the info ... AND for helping to get the new San Dimas line off the ground! I almost snagged a Bullseye when they first came out thinking that Charvel was going to remain a "pet" project of Jackson, restricted to limited runs with no production instruments. I'm sooooooooOOOOO glad I was wrong.

When you mentioned the recessed trem plates on the GXs that you're not sure about on the SD standards, are you referring to a little routing under the bridge for just the plate area of the Floyd (not a full-on recessed trem, obviously)? Just curious and happy to take snaps of my SD 2H, and I'd love to see what it looks like on the Bullseye for comparison.

--jr
                            「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

hey guys.. thanks for the comments and thoughts!

Johnny, I don't have any Jackson with an unfinished neck and for me that's the main difference in terms of feel & play.. over the back shape or width.
                              It has more a wide thin feel to it, compared to a more rounder one on some of the Jacksons.. but they differ themselves.
                              I can't compare it to the SD profile, because I don't have or played an original SD Charvel.. yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X