New Charvel Serial Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvel Serial Numbers

I was wondering if you can determine what year a guitar is by the serial number on the new Charvels. I know on the Jackson website under resources the have the serial number listed, but even there they stopped at 2001.
    Just one more guitar!

Not too sure, but my new Star is 6768, and the date on the hang tag is 8/3/05.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ja.

My SD 2H is S/N 7159 and the hang tag sez 4/28/2006.
      「久しぶりに絶望してえよ。マジで。」

Comment

Charvel started with s/n 6000 in 2002. I'm not sure how many were made between 2002 and 2005, but the majority of the 6000's were in 2005 and the 7000's started approx around the end of 05 or beginning of 06. That's the best I can tell you. Maybe someone has some more accurate dates. Hope this helps.

Comment

7101 received in April.

Comment

My serial # is 6524 the hang tag says inspected 5-11. I guess they forgot to put the year?
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

related off-topic question : was #5150 ever made, and is it anything cool?

Comment

My candy blue sd is 7128 and the hang tag was 3.22.06

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81
                  related off-topic question : was #5150 ever made, and is it anything cool?

Excellent question! It should have at least dawned on them to make it a cool guitar.

Comment

I just picked up a mint USA Charvel Strat S-S-H with a vintage tremelo, rosewood fretboard and unfinsihed maple neck. I have to tell you, this guitar is very nice and the shred guitar I was looking for. Monster frets in perfect condition (6100 or 6000)! This thing can't be old. I changed the strings and it had Fender Bullet strings on it. Sperzel tuners, everything is high quality. I took the neck off and looked in the pocket...no markings, but the neck looks like the usual fender skunk stripe build with rear neck adjustment.

The neck plate has a six-digit serial number. I'm at work so I can't remember the whole number but it looks like XX0099. I see on the Jackson site that bolt-ons were six digits. I'll call Fender here shortly and figure this out. Will advise.

Metal-X-Man

Comment

You don't have to call Fender, your guitar was built 1996
                      It's one of the mid 90s "reissues"

Comment

Busdriver,

You are good brother! Here's what I found...scroll down to the red highlighted box. The guitar was manufactured in Ontario in the Jackson Custom Shop. I have to tell you, I'd jump over a Suhr or and Anderson for these Charvels. To each his own, but I'm hooked. New San Dimas 2H is on the Radar now!

Comment

Working...
                        X