Charvel neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel neck

I have my first Charvel San Dimas, maple neck with rosewood board, pointy headstock. I notice that the maple neck appears to be unfinished. It is smooth and comfortable but the wood seems to have not been sealed or finished.
    Over time, will the maple become discolored from use? Is it recommended to leave the neck unfinished for better resonance? Does one clean the neck by occasionally wet sanding with 2000 grit?
    Thank you for your wisdom.

The neck is finished with a gunstock oil finish so it isn't completely unfinished. The finish gives a satin appearance but is a decent protectant .. no need to wetsand it you can always lightly go over it with extra fine steel wool ... If it gets to worn out you can usually get gunstock oil at walmart or any sporting goods store that carries firearms.. It will only discolor (Yellow) through aging and play wear which are desired attributes to have in an a older guitar...IE: Broken in feel
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

+1
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Working...
        X