Need info on limited run Charvel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on limited run Charvel...

Anyone know about a limited run Charvel series that was done for the Charvel Central forum about a year ago. Supposedly 10 of them were made and signed by Mike Shannon. The run was put together by Matt's Music according to the seller.

They look like the SD style with pointy headstock. Mahogany body with flame maple top and maple neck. I can't seem to find any info on these except from the seller. Just want to make sure its legit, and maybe hear from others who purchased one about the quality and playability. Thanks!

It's legit. Most likely, the seller is a member here.

Comment

The Solar Limited?

Comment

yes check chuckscharvels.com
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants
          The Solar Limited?
          Yes, that's it. Anyone know the specs on the neck? Is it an SD feel or a Fender type feel? Fretboard radius?

Comment

SD feel ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hi Jack,

I ordered that run,it is legit & the seller is a friend!!They were spec'ed from an original 80s San Dimas Charvel,neck profile is identical to the thinner pointy necks!!Check the link Kev posted above(thanx Kev)or email me for more pics & info!!

Chuck
              Last edited by BLOOD SPLATTER; 06-15-2006, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER
                Hi Jack,

I ordered that run,it is legit & the seller is a friend!!They were spec'ed from an original 80s San Dimas Charvel,neck profile is identical to the thinner pointy necks!!Check the link Kev posted above(thanx Kev)or email me for more pics & info!!

Chuck
                Lol. I already did. I didn't realize you were Chuck. I'll look for your e-mail. Thanks!

Just curious, do you actually play yours or is it more of a museum piece. Is there some sort of finish on the neck (or headstock) to keep the signature from fading?
                Last edited by Jack71; 06-15-2006, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I no longer have mine Jack,prefer my old Charvies,it never got played!!Some original owners still have theirs & do play them!!

The necks have the standard oil finish,there is no protection over the signature!!

Comment

I have Chuck's old Solar. I only play it sparingly, but not because it doesn't play well. It smokes! I've heard some not so good things about some of the setups, but this one plays fine. It's no. 10.

Comment

They look great and pop up from time to time. In fact, there is currently one on ebay and one listed in the JCF classifieds.
                      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Uhhmm....yeah!!
                        Last edited by BLOOD SPLATTER; 06-15-2006, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants
                          I have Chuck's old Solar. I only play it sparingly, but not because it doesn't play well. It smokes! I've heard some not so good things about some of the setups, but this one plays fine. It's no. 10.
                          What kind of problems have you heard about? Are they all spec'd the same?

I guess I haven't been a member long enough cause I don't see a classifieds section anywhere. Unless you mean the dealer ads section.

Comment

Yes,they were all spec'ed the same!!Two were sent back to JCMI due to qc issues(paint,headstock scuffs,etc.)!!

The Classifieds folder is invisible to jcf junior members till you reach 100 posts & 45 days on the forum(iirc)!!

Comment

Is the one Fullers have part of that run or a custom order or an extra???
                              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                              X