EVH Art Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shreddermon
    $750? :lol. That sound like envious Kramer import buyers. And the neck feels like a Fender Strat? Have you guys even played any Strats? Geesh, that's laughable. The neck is absolutely nothing like a Strat. Great guitars. Nuff said.
    The Fender Strat neck was my idiotic attempt at humor. I guess I should have used a smilie instead of my "heh."

Comment

I've played them at GC and they are nice guitars. Not $2600 nice, but you can find them all the time on the bay for $1700-1800 in mint condition. I would pay that much for one.
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by danastas
        The Fender Strat neck was my idiotic attempt at humor. I guess I should have used a smilie instead of my "heh."
        Sorry. Limited viewing on my Crackberry right now - I must've missed that. My bad.

Comment

Here's what I was thinkging, give or take....

Case-$150
          body-$250
          neck-$180
          ofr-$180
          nut-$40
          pot-$10
          knob-$5
          stap pins-$5
          Paint job-$500-$700 (I think Wayne Charvel charges $700)
          Pickguard-$40-WD price
          Set up etc-$250
          d-Tuna-$20
          Pickup-$100 (expensive but there's nothing like it)

Total=$1550+/-

I didn't pay much more for mine new.

Comment

I usually love Charvel's whether they be over seas or US, and im even a Van Halen fan. But THIS guitar didnt strike as very impressive to me. None of those guitars are really "faithful" reissues either. I would like to see the B/W graphic with a vintage trem, and B/Y with gold hard ware. also, dont you think 2,600 is a little outrageous for a single pickup guitar. And with a bit of effort and some research, i guarantee you could make an exact replica of those paintjobs for $50-$100

Im not trying to start a war, just stating my opinion.
            Last edited by Frigo89; 07-12-2006, 06:57 PM.
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89
              I usually love Charvel's whether they be over seas or US, and im even a Van Halen fan. But THIS guitar didnt strike as very impressive to me. None of those guitars are really "faithful" reissues either. I would like to see the B/W graphic with a vintage trem, and B/Y with gold hard ware. also, dont you think 2,600 is a little outrageous for a single pickup guitar. And with a bit of effort and some research, i guarantee you could make an exact replica of those paintjobs for $50-$100

Im not trying to start a war, just stating my opinion.
              I have to agree ...
              A replica endorsed by an artist and produced by a major manufacture SHOULD have been more accurate IMO, especially for $2500+.

On the B/W, I would have liked to have seen a vintage trem, brass nut, a large 70's style headstock, and a more reasonable price tag.

On the B/Y, I would have at least liked to have seen the gold Floyd, maybe a black headstock, and again ... a more reasonable price tag.

On the R/W/B, well ... where do I begin?
              I think they should have maybe nitched that whole version altogether. JMO

Oh, and ditch the d-tuna.
              If I want one, I'll add it myself thank you.

What I REALLY would have liked to see would be an EVH Charvel "Star" replica!

Also FWIW ... the owner of two art series guitars sent them both to me for setups and one for a pickup swap. One sounded really good. The other really muddy. So if you have the opportunity to "test drive" a couple before making your purchase, DO IT. There are some inconsistancies from what I've seen.
              Last edited by Model1VH2; 07-12-2006, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Model1VH2
                Also FWIW ... the owner of two art series guitars sent them both to me for setups and one for a pickup swap. One sounded really good. The other really muddy. So if you have the opportunity to "test drive" a couple before making your purchase, DO IT. There are some inconsistancies from what I've seen.
                I'm curious. What pickups did you swamp into the guitars to replace the EVHs? And, did the new pickup in the "muddy-sounding" guitar improve things?

Comment

YEAH! an EVH star would be awesome. But i think it would probably be only available through the custom shop. there would probably be a lot of little details in that one. "The shark" star guitar is in my opinion the best EVH guitar, at leasts looks wise.
                  Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by danastas
                    I'm curious. What pickups did you swamp into the guitars to replace the EVHs? And, did the new pickup in the "muddy-sounding" guitar improve things?
                    We only swapped one.
                    The other guitar sounded great!
                    I'm just saying that I've witnessed some inconsitancies in the pickup from one Art Series guitar to the next. I was really surprised.
                    Maybe it was just a bad pickup, I dunno.

We swapped it for a Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1b .
                    It was a big improvement.

Originally posted by Frigo89
                    YEAH! an EVH star would be awesome. But i think it would probably be only available through the custom shop. there would probably be a lot of little details in that one. "The shark" star guitar is in my opinion the best EVH guitar, at leasts looks wise.
                    Yeah ... a Shark would be sweet!
                    I'd like to see Ibanez come out with that one though.

Comment

yeah, but i wonder if they would use the Banana headstock or go pointy. they wouldnt even have to paint it up like EVH's, just put on what ever color you like
                      Out Of Ideas

Comment

I played mine nexkt to a wayne and a new Charvel pointy. All the guitars were good. I just thought the EVH art had something different. It seemed a bit warmer and rounder sounding. I actually bought it despite the paint job, I'm not crazy about owning a striped guitar. I wish it was just whilte ala holdsworth.

the bottom end can be floppy,too.

Comment

I've been thinking of selling one of my guitars and honestly the EVH was going to be the one to go, since it still gets a decent price on the auction market. I just got a PC1 so my needs for a fatter neck were met there. And then I tested all my guitars this weekend, and I simply found that the EVH had the most consistent tone. The thing literally sings. I'm not getting rid of it. I may have to part with my bullseye next month, something I didn't want to do because of its fantastic neck, but tonally it doesn't compare to my EVH or my Charvel with EMGs.

Comment

Working...
                          X