Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Solar Review

Well I've spent all day with George's solar and here's my thoughts

Fit/Finish/Look- Open the G&G case and the Color with the flame and maple looks great. As me and George were saying his is one of few without flaws. all the parts look great and fit the Guitar. I give it a 9

Playabilty- Unplugged and sitting down it plays great. the sound is nice and feels great. George has some playing time on this so the feel of the neck has that nice played feel, the neck feels like a thinner Wolfgang neck. I'd personally like a little thicker neck. I give it an 8

Pluged In- I have just the Crate right now so 1st I put it on a nice vintage sound and play People Get Ready and Knocking on Hevens door, it nails it with ease and hammer ons and everything just is great. Move on to my Lynch setting and bust out Dream Warriors. It's a little thin on the Rythem side for me, I'm a Duncan Custom/Custom Guy so I think with a change the low end would come out and scream. Soloing/ fucking off I can barley solo but can so my little Eddie tricks and again the neck is just a tad to thin for my comfert but still with the low action and everything Eruption and tricks like that are easy and harmonics fly off the board. I give it a 8 on this just because I play better on a thicker neck

Over all 8.5- I'd love this with a 2 Hum and a just Tad thicker neck. But There's nothing really wrong for it is and is a SWEET guitar. Also the Full size Body is So awsome playing, I just can't get along with Dinky's
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Very nice review... thanks.. definately helps with my decision with one of these....

Fish I Win, Fish I Lose

Comment

I really love mine. John (Fretburner) swapped a Tone Zone for the original PAF and it sounds awesome. Yes, the neck is thinner than a strathead, but I played it for 3 hours at band practice and had no hand or wrist discomfort issues at all.

Comment

I've had mine for 2 weeks now, and love it. It's not going anywhere...

Comment

Ralph how would you compare it to the Dweez you had?
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I've got #2 of the Solar's - very cool axe. It's take some time to get used to it, but the more I play it, the better it gets. I'm starting to really grime up that neck and it feels good. That wood combo with the vintage PAF sounds really sweet.

Comment

Me too, the more I play this the more it becomes comfertable and the more I can kinda adjust my end for a lower end. Also the brass really sets it apart unplugged, nice and brite
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Thats why I love mine. The more I play it the more it gets time in the rotation

Comment

I just finished responding in the 6014 thread and came here. This was such a small batch and guys were waiting on them and getting factory pics. I remember the excitement over at CC when this started up. I have seen these change hands also but again, never a bad review.

Nice guitar
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

"never a bad review"

There have been a few!!

Comment

The one that you let me play was real nice Chuckster.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                      X