EVH art series anyone looking for 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH art series anyone looking for 1

Hey just throwing this out here my local GC has 1 in mint condition & they are letting it go at cost some where around 1800.00 it's tagged at 2300.00 so if someone is looking for the red/white/black 1 let me know ? This way I can hook a JCF member here up with it.
    According To The Prophecy

wjy are they lettin it go at cost if theres nothing wrong with it? Those are really nice guitars. A bit high priced due to Eddie bein involved but still great guitars.

Comment

You are right those are great guitars.

However, the first wave got snagged by the EVH diehards. Some people have all three just beacuse of the graphics in essence all the same guitars. Nostalgia, looks etc. I got the RWB, my fav EVH graphic.
      There is a strong anti EVH sector out there. Just look at HC, there is a thread or two of guys taking Eddie's granny pic and have made some funny ass photoshpop creations out of it.

Eddie has turned into an ass, one of epic proprtions and some people cannot separate the man from the guitar player. I have seen EVH Charvels hang on the same wall/website for months. Some dealers have tried to blow them out and they are just not moving anymore.

Graphics + anti EVH sentiment = low sales + shitty re-sale
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

sI wouldn't say the retail is shitty. I still see used pristine ones going for $1800 on EBAY. You can buy a new one for $2000 from a retailer. That's holding it's value.

I have to admit, I was suspicious of the EVH until I bought one. I'm a believer in Basswood now, and the pickup is great. This is my main guitar, and after making a rash of recent buys, I've had to unload some guitars I never thought I'd get rid of. I did buy my EVH at a rock bottom price, thinking I could turn it around in a few months. But once I got a hold of it, my long time Les Paul went out the door instead.

I have to admit, I have been thinking about sending it in for a solid color refin. just so I can play it in public.

Anyone else consider refinishing their EVH?

Comment

I'm not, but I have considered looking for a spare pickup from an EVH for a warmoth project.
          Basswood body, maple neck, solid color, floyd...
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker
            I'm not, but I have considered looking for a spare pickup from an EVH for a warmoth project.
            Basswood body, maple neck, solid color, floyd...
            I wouldn't waste your time looking for an Art Series pickup.
            From the ones I've played, they appear to be inconsistant.

I also have a hard time believing that "cost" on those guitars is $1800.
            Besides, if i wanted one that bad, I'd buy it off eBay before I'd buy anything from Guitar Center.

Comment

It was a special order & the buy it at cost is an inside deal for me I just wanted to pass it on for you charvel guys it's new, the guy ordered it then couldn't pay for it was all. it's tagged at 2300.00 I thought I would help someone try to save some coin. I played it it's not my thing I'm a Huge fan of the Warrior Pros but it played great sounded decent thru a small Marshall.
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by danastas
                I have to admit, I was suspicious of the EVH until I bought one. I'm a believer in Basswood now, and the pickup is great.
                There is a reason players like VH and Vai play guitars made out of Basswood. I have even made a few out of it too

Comment

Originally posted by slash
                  There is a reason players like VH and Vai play guitars made out of Basswood. I have even made a few out of it too
                  I think most people knocking the EVHs haven't tried them. The Basswood definitely has its own signature. It really resonates, and you can feel it easily. It's the resonance much more than the tone.

Comment

Working...
                  X