• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took The Plunge And Got An EVH

I know they are too much money.
    I know they only have one knob.
    I know they are "Eddie" guitars.

But I played this one yesterday and it was amazing....just amazing.
    I love the feel, the sound, the vibe. Awesome instrument.

I had to liquidate some guitars in order to grab this one, but I'm really glad I got it. Here is the actual guitar -More pics after tonight's rehearsal....

Last edited by Strat God; 08-08-2006, 12:20 PM.
    Strat God Music
    http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

excellent grab, and agree they are great players..enjoy
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I think you bought the best looking one of the three. I am so wanting the black/yellow one but can't afford to pick one up now. I mean I could afford it if I put aside such things as my wife, kids, mortgage...etc.

Wait a minute.....my wife??????................Nahhhh I can't! (Hmmmmmm, interesting thought though!)

Have fun with that guitar!!!!!
      Guitars:
      Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
      1988 Model 2,
      Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
      RR3
      Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
      1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
      2005 SG Special

Comment

Great guitars. Congrats.

Comment

Great vibe on those guitars. They really resonate. All in the Basswood.

Comment

Very nice! The Black/Yellow is my favorite. Let us know how you like the pickup!

Comment

Great guitars, cool grab.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Agreed, they are great guitars. I play mine all the time. Enjoy!!!!!

Comment

The B/Y finish is my favorite. What was your first impression of the neck?
                  No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

The EVH guitars are great. I got mine back from warranty service a few months ago. Over the last few weeks it has quickly become one of my favorites. Great guitars all around. I have a B/Y.
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
                      The B/Y finish is my favorite. What was your first impression of the neck?
                      The neck is very comfy to me. It feels a bit "dry" - I read they come with a special oil.I think as it ages and gets worn-in it will become fantastic.

I was more impressed with the pickup and volume/tone pot. Between 3-5 it's stratlike, between 5-7 it's a semi-clean LP and 7-10 is "Eddie".

I play through Marshalls and don't need as much pre-gain saturation as I've been using on other guitars, so when I turn down the guitar it gets nice and glassy clean.
                      Strat God Music
                      http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Congrats great guitar man

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God
                          The neck is very comfy to me. It feels a bit "dry" - I read they come with a special oil.I think as it ages and gets worn-in it will become fantastic.

I was more impressed with the pickup and volume/tone pot. Between 3-5 it's stratlike, between 5-7 it's a semi-clean LP and 7-10 is "Eddie".

I play through Marshalls and don't need as much pre-gain saturation as I've been using on other guitars, so when I turn down the guitar it gets nice and glassy clean.
                          I also found the neck to feel "dry" to the touch...but they sound GREAT.
                          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Congrats on a great guitar! The B/Y is my fav also.
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Thats a great guitar, congrats. I like the W/B best but yellow is 2nd

Comment

Working...
                              X