THE BOMBER!! Warren DeMartini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE BOMBER!! Warren DeMartini

Well, it took forever to figure out my camera phone...and I took a shot of the bomber when it first arrived next to the EVH line along with some Jacksons.

Thought I'd share this with you guys. I don't own it...and don't think I would. It plays better than words can describe. I might be in trouble when I see the "French" writing one or the blood splatter(due in any time now).

Enjoy!

This was the VERY first photo with my camera phone as well...sorry if it's blurred.

Where the hell is that - at one flight up?

Comment

You guessed correctly

Comment

What is that guitar next to the left of the snakeskin? HRF RHoads?

Comment

yep....hrf rhoads!

you should see the custom jackson they received recently...the graphic would blow your mind!!! it's a soloist 2 hum, string through. i'll see if i can find a pic.

Comment

So can we assume that the WDs are finally shipping in quantities now then?
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06
              You guessed correctly
              Not good !! (wallet flinching)

Comment

JZ, can you describe the WD neck? How does it compare to the pointies? Spec-wise, it seemed like it might be closer to a pointy than an old strathead.

Comment

If I remember correctly, the backshape was a little thinner than a pointy(new or old) and the radius was 16(i was told) shredding was effortless. A bone stock set-up netted a terrific playing guitar. I'd love to play one with a shim or two under the neck pocket(most of mine are set up that way).

Like I said, I'll probably weaken when they come in. If a French writing comes in first, I've had it!

Comment

Did you get the serial # of that WD bomber? I think that is the one from NAMM. It has the "custom shop" logo on the headstock and I thought the production models were not going to have that. Besides, OFU originally got the NAMM Bomber - my guess is they haven't sold it yet.

Comment

Correct. I got the French, and its a KILLER guitar. OFU got the bomber, which I would have grabbed if I didnt already have an old Wayne bomber....

Wait til you guys play one!

Shawn

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

That's a nice wall of guitars, what store is that?

I can't wait to try one of the WD's. How does it compare to the EVHs?
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986

Totally different.....Dinky body, much thinner/wider neck.......
                          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I figured the neck would be thinner, the EVH neck is pretty chunky. Only the French has the dinky body, correct?
                            Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986

http://www.oneflightupguitars.com

The WD guitar is a NAMM guitar, they won it there. The neck did feel thinner. I'm not sure about wider. Yes, the EVH line neck is considerably thicker. I love the french writing axe!!! I'll take a Warren over an EVH any day.

Comment

Working...
                              X