Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

charvel SD's w/ fender deluxe neck joint???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel SD's w/ fender deluxe neck joint???

it would be so great if charvels can have that one-corner-off kind of neck joint found on am deluxe fenders.
    as much as I respect the heritage of the charvel brand, they can use some new features or modifications like, wilkinson trem, carved top,
    anyone?

I don't think you will see this on the standard production Charvels, but I'm sure the custom shop could do it for you. I'll bet they could do a wilkinson trem, carved top, or whatever else you want for the right amount of $.

Comment

that kind of stuff should be left for customs,let's keep em original!
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I don't think it's necessary. I've got small hands, and I still can't figure out how someone couldn't deal with the regular neck joint heel.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That Fender rounded off corner neck joint is one the coolest improvements to the Strat line ever. I have it on an Am DLX Strat and I have on a Fender CS Masterbuilt Strat and it is so smooth...
          Couple that with the extra smooth (ala Tom Anderson) fretboard edges and it just makes the best feeling totally broken in axe ever.

I am sure you can get it through the CS.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Agreed - custom only. Besides, the standard neck joint has never bothered me.

And if you want a REAL improvement, spec it as with the angled neck plate/joint, like on PC1s and DK1s. IMHO, that's a heck of a lot better than the Fender dealio.

Comment

The Fender rounded is nice on the stock necks.
              Problem is, if you choose to replace it for whatever reason.

I haven't seen anyone offer it in an aftermarket neck yet.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
                And if you want a REAL improvement, spec it as with the angled neck plate/joint, like on PC1s and DK1s. IMHO, that's a heck of a lot better than the Fender dealio.
                I asked Matt a little while back if Charvel would do the slant heel like on a DK1 and the answer was yes, and at a fairly small up charge too.
                Last edited by Rufue; 08-15-2006, 09:43 PM.
                Jackson: DK1
                Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

Warmoth does an angled heel which is the best that I have encountered, hands down. It is only tapered to on corner (so all the screws are different lengths - only drawback), not scalloped, so you hardly notice its there, but it is and works great. Best of both worlds.

That said, the heel never bothered me cuz thats what guitars were like when I learned to play LOL!

Leave my SDs alone thank you.
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                    I don't think it's necessary. I've got small hands, and I still can't figure out how someone couldn't deal with the regular neck joint heel.
                    +1, I´ve never had issues with the standard Fender Heel, nor have I met very many that could honestly say it was in their way playing.

Leave scalloping heels and such for the CS and DK-1

Comment

Working...
                    X