Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist find - San Dimas 5121 - Parts mutt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much better pics. The headstock is fine. The old pics were suffering from jpg compression.

Cool guitar!
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I bet import neck w/decal & repaint????

Comment

The neck is real, you can see the screw holes from a Kahler (?) nut. Nice grab, the neck, tuners, plate and case are real.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by SGplayer
          I bet import neck w/decal & repaint????
          The neck is real, look at the tuners on the back of the neck.
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Looks nice, whatever it is. It does have the cool Kramer Nightswan thing going on with the middle humbucker.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, that neck looks legit as it is got the capped (as opposed to just painted) headstock, whihc is correct for that time frame. Plate looks good too and both are in exceptional shape. Makes you wonder what happened to the original body. What a shame.

Is that trem blocked as I cant imagine it keeps in tune too well without the locking nut?
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

No, the tremolo is not blocked. One of the first things I asked the guy was "How the heck does it stay in tune?". He stated that he never uses the tremolo, and it was tuned down so it was fine for him. Since the guitar was going to be a "project guitar", and would probably be gutted and re-assembled, I didn't call foul. I will be ordering a locking nut this week.

One caveat to the guitar is that it will probably need new frets, even though the neck is in good shape otherwise. I can handle tuning with the JT6 and setting intonation, therefore, I would like to find out if it is possible, and/or advisable, to send the neck out for a refret. Does anyone know of a place that would do this? Thanks again everyone -

Comment

Kinda looks like a gunslinger body with the middle pup added.
                  Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x
                    Kinda looks like a gunslinger body with the middle pup added.
                    Thats what i was thinking. The Night swan did have the middle hum but it wasnt at an angle like that it was just straight like the bridge pup is. The finish is very J/C but it also looks BCRich USA. I dont recall seeing any Jackson/Charvels with that coloring for the crackle. So im thinking BC Rich. Either way it looks sweet. How does it play?
                    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK
                      Thats what i was thinking. The Night swan did have the middle hum but it wasnt at an angle like that it was just straight like the bridge pup is. The finish is very J/C but it also looks BCRich USA. I dont recall seeing any Jackson/Charvels with that coloring for the crackle. So im thinking BC Rich. Either way it looks sweet. How does it play?
                      Gil
                      Hey Gil - It plays awesome. The weight is noticeably less than my other J/C's, but it is just as warm acoustically. Electronically, only the EMG is hooked up - (all ya really need tho ). I'll be replacing the other pickup and wiring the toggles soon. I now see why everyone here digs USA Charvel necks - even though it will need a refret in the future, the playability gives my other guitars a run for their money for sure

Comment

Cool playability and tone is more important than a debaye on its origins. and what matters more is that you're happy with it.
                        Gil

Comment

This is a cool parts mutt, as others stated, well worth the $500 you paid as the neck and Charvel plate would fetch that price alone! If you like the way she looks and plays, enjoy; nothing like an original Charvel neck that's broken in well, ohhh yeah!

Comment

I assume the high-numbered neckplate an neck were together, as the neck is not glued below the nut.

Comment

Working...
                            X