carved top charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carved top charvels?

I am having a lot of GAS for EBMM axis super sport right now but I really want a charvel with specs similar to a super sport i.e. carved maple top on ash back or mahogany or basswood and maple board and strat head and vintage trem...
    that would be awesome.
    anderson and suhr build many of their guitars like that, but more expansive than a charvel CS, probably.
    I wish some big dealer would do a small patch of those.
    are you guys listening??? LOL

Originally posted by withmyshadow View Post
    anderson and suhr build many of their guitars like that, but more expansive than a charvel CS, probably.
    Don't bet on it. Andersons maybe, but not a Suhr. Different beasts though. The built quality is a small ocean apart....
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
      Don't bet on it. Andersons maybe, but not a Suhr. Different beasts though. The built quality is a small ocean apart....
      I didn't know that,
      a local independent dealer has lots of andersons and suhrs in stock at any time but no charvels
      fender should really help charvel to own the super strat market.

Comment

Well... there are many reasons for the limited Charvel stock levels and without going into a full costume marketing study here.

The Charvel line is going through some re-birth pains after a long hiatus.

The Charvel line is though (by many, including some retailers) to be a nostalgia thing. Think 80's graphic axes, the Learn beautiful modern artwork is an excursion in trying to change the point of view of many.

The Charvel line is not the only superstrat in town, Jackson wants and deservedly shares a piece of that pie.

Suhr and Andersons have an outstanding reputation. You do not have to sell dealers into them. There is a dealer in town that cannot stock Andersons, as soon as they hit the sales floor they are gone. Sometimes the same day at sticker, no haggling. Not needed. There is another dealer for Suhrs with a close dilema, he is a Suhr dealer with very little to show for.

Both Anderson and Suhr have up and running shops, whereas Charvel and Jackson are trying to get their shiznit together.

Comment

I love Charvels, and that is what I'm about, not the Jackson line really. I've owned a Charvel since 1987, I love em.

so I'd like to see them really do great things with the Charvel line, but yeah you're right, they are going through rebirth pains. how much of that is FMIC? who knows.

I guess I look at it like this. if I'm in the market for a superstrat, what are my options? does Charvel plek their necks like Suhr does? do they use the Feiten intonation system like Suhr does? now for a Charvel junkie like me, that's a new view from my "customer" standpoint, having learned what's available out there, and one that JCMI should be thinking about.

I mean if I'm going to spend 2500 on a custom strat I'd want those two things, because those equal major playability enhancements.

but then again I look at the Suhr headstock and it makes me want a Charvel. but I think I'd get over that pretty quick. quality is key. Charvel needs to increase their quality, eliminate the paint problems, and get more visibility.

so far I'm not impressed, right now, USA Charvels are overpriced basic guitars trying to go on name alone, and some new artwork. they could do a lot more. if they added the plekking and the Feiten system for the same price as now, I'd buy one as soon as I could scrape up the cash.
          Last edited by skorb; 09-28-2006, 01:52 AM.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Surely a MM Supersport has a flat-top?
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
              so far I'm not impressed, right now, USA Charvels are overpriced basic guitars trying to go on name alone, and some new artwork. they could do a lot more. if they added the plekking and the Feiten system for the same price as now, I'd buy one as soon as I could scrape up the cash.

You are right. Remember the 25th Ann Flame tops came. A single hum, flame top, BE neck, vintage hardware, strat head with a MSRP of $4000. What a joke, they were trying to setup their pricing to a high bar. The initial street price on those was $3K.

You can have a Suhr or Anderson with a flame top, more pup options, better hardware, Plek, BF tunning system, better case, etc. for under $3K.

Hey, I love my Charvels and wish nothing but the best. Keep those axes coming (I have two CS orders going on), but my wine as sour as it may be it is my wine. Can't cover the sky with one hand.

Comment

Working...
              X