No announcement yet.

EVH Art Guitars---WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We all love Eddy VanHalen. To not would be surely a failin'. But to buy his guitar for the price of a car, puts a brand new twist on inhalin'." I made that up for the limerick thread, but it works here too.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Strat God View Post
      The EVH is not made by Jackson, it's a Charvel...which makes me wonder if the folks bashing it here have actually played one yet.
      Jackson/Charvel... same difference... made by the same crew in the same shop.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
        "IMHO they are are nice guitars that are way overpriced"

....+1....bazillion!!
        Wrong again Chuck.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

They look great. They seem to be assembled well (from my experience), but the fret size and neck backshape just aint cutting it. It too bad, cuz they look really awsome in person!
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
            Wrong again Chuck.

So what you're saying then Tim is they're not nice guitars but are priced right??....lol!!

oh & uhhmm........too lol!!

Comment

chuck, you must learn to contain your anger.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

But anger goes so well with my agenda Tim....wait....what's my agenda again??....oh well whatever it is it's angry!!

Comment

I guess I am one of those a-holes that paid too much for an EVH when they were first offered. I would do it again! I love my B&Y and the fact that I can save mucho bucks on ebay from a dealer, tempts me to buy another.
                  All of the new Charvels are $1000+ and considering adding to the EVH fund, I do not think the prices are too high. I do wonder how much they pay eddie for each guitar produced?
                  No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Originally posted by danastas View Post
                    And the rumor is that Jackson has stopped producing them.

Still waiting for an answer on that one...........................
                    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

I own a Red White & Black EVH and absolutely love it! Why? It's a one humbucker monster with a great feeling neck, flamey fingerboard and headstock, and an excellent pickup. I also own a PC1 Strat head and absolutely love it! Why? It's a sophisticated super strat that plays and sounds as well as it looks, and can give me "quacky" strat tone that I can't get on the EVH. However, the EVH gives me better hard rock tone than the PC1 (IMHO). I could also go on about the great attributes of the EBMM Axis and Peavey Wolfgang Archtop that I play...

My point? Different guitars serve different purposes for different players. Each of mine is great for certain "niche". My EVH Charvel will never be a super versatile instrument, but it is a bona-fide rock machine, perfect for some tunes. The PC1 is great for more melodic stuff, where whammy bar flutter and the Sustainer can come in handy. The weight and balance of the Axis fits my hand perfectly, and the Wolfgang is great for long legato runs. None of these guitars is the complete "package" for me, but when used together, there's no sound I can't get.

So for those who don't like/don't want the EVH Charvel, it apparently doesn't fit well into what you're looking for, and that's cool. Just don't flame those of us who do own them because we love 'em!

Comment

It's obvious that the recent influx of Basswood bodied Mike Learn guitars were EVH bodies. No spring recess cover,volume knob placement. Why would they send those to Mike instead of standard Alder bodies? Leftovers thats why!

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                          It's obvious that the recent influx of Basswood bodied Mike Learn guitars were EVH bodies. No spring recess cover,volume knob placement. Why would they send those to Mike instead of standard Alder bodies? Leftovers thats why!
                          Hey Predator,
                          I take what ever I can get my hands on. I did notice their were no matching pick ups and ring on these bodies. Didnt think anything of it at the time.
                          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                            I think you're right. On the other hand, I'm very glad they did it. I made a couple calls to Lee at GMW and BigHead about repainting my EVH. I actually love the guitars but am not so hot about the paint. Now there's another option, at least.

Comment

Mike, I think your work is top notch! I would love to have one. I almost pulled the trigger on that Jolly Rodger Sunset but someone did me a huge favor and beat me to it.They probably saved me a bunch $$$ I would have spent in divorce court!

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                                "We all love Eddy VanHalen. To not would be surely a failin'. But to buy his guitar for the price of a car, puts a brand new twist on inhalin'." I made that up for the limerick thread, but it works here too.
                                We all want our very own Eddie-
                                As said by a poster named Fetty-
                                So stop getting GAS,
                                and save up your cash
                                and call me when the funds are ready
                                Strat God Music
                                http://www.esnips.com/web/Strat-God-Music/?flush=1

Comment

Working...
                                X