No announcement yet.

no Jake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, that was one I actually didn't do myself, but I entrusted Marty Bell in Orange County, CA to do for me. He does nice work and is really fast.
    I did really want that Charvel Blueburst. I was in on it from the beginning. Strange how the business world works sometimes.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

What does Jake E Lee do nowadays? I haven't heard anything big on the Jake front but I've never been a follower. You'd think if he hasn't been up to much he'd welcome the endorsement to keep his name out there in some sense. I dunno, though. Perhaps some Jake afficionados know better.

Comment

Originally posted by gort View Post
        What does Jake E Lee do nowadays? I haven't heard anything big on the Jake front but I've never been a follower. You'd think if he hasn't been up to much he'd welcome the endorsement to keep his name out there in some sense. I dunno, though. Perhaps some Jake afficionados know better.
        He's living in Las Vegas and came out with an album last year called Retraced. He did a bunch of older 70's tunes with bassist Tim Bogert of Jeff Beck and Vanilla Fudge fame. As far as I know he hasn't been touring or playing out. He is endorsing a pickup company and a stomp pedal company these days.
        I hope he would get back to writing and playing out again. I think his contract ran out with ESP, so I don't know what the problem is with having the Charvel deal go through.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

To me this is kinda stupid. I would understand if the said guitar was actually an official "signature" model. To not make a Charvel Submarine finished pointy, a white , blueburst or purpleburst Charvel strathead, Snakeskin covered Charvel strathead, etc... just because at one time in their career Lynch, Lee, Demartini or others played a guitar like that, is just going overboard IMO. Like I said, if it was an official signature model, then I'd understand. Where should the line be drawn?

Comment

Man I was hoping to get a real Charvel Blue Burst and one of those Charvel strats for a decent price...oh well I'll get them custom from Charvel.

Comment

likewise I was hoping to snag one..bummer.
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I can wait

Comment

If you do the white one with the 4 bolt neck plate instead of the 3 bolt,is that sufficient enough change to negate "signature" status??
                  Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91 View Post
                    If you do the white one with the 4 bolt neck plate instead of the 3 bolt,is that sufficient enough change to negate "signature" status??
                    Depends on what you mean "signature" status? Fender built YJM's "Signature" American Strat with a 4 bolt, when actually his "Duck" was a 3 bolt 70's model. Much more stable IMO! I think most would agree. I built my white Jake with a 4 bolt and a contoured heel.

Comment

Pebber,
                      Gee, that was fast! Nice Blueburst! Awesome! That's what I will build next since Charvel will not be making this run.

Comment

Pebber....that's a great guitar. One of the few I really miss & wish I still had (I usually never part with anything.)

Comment

Lovin' it pebber . I so wanted in on the purple burst

Comment

Kick ass guitar. When I get a bit more money I'm going to have Charvel make me the Blue Burst and The White one. It's my new goal. I need to get a Charvel anyway!

Comment

Just got this in the mail today.Don't thin I'm going to be able to build it though.I need a new amp.

Comment

ProjectX - where did you get the body from?

Comment

Working...
                                X