• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
    I"ll call Warren tomorrow and see what's the hold up
    Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
    So what'd Warren say?
    "Who the hell are you? Don't ever call me again."
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Comment

The do absoutely nothing for me. To each his own.
        Need a neck pickup badly IMO.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
          So what'd Warren say?
          He said that they had to come back because they were painted with the wrong red.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
            To each his own.
            altho I'm a huge fan of Warren's guitars, it supprises me that most if "his" axes out there are only with 1 Pup yet he has used neck pickup A LOT on RATT recordings.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

He said that they had to come back because they were painted with the wrong red.:ROTF:
              These won't be shipping until the Spring I would imagine. Hard to image DL not knowing which red to use when he's painting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                I am flat out IN LOVE with french, and the blood drip. I agree, they need more than one Pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06 View Post
                  I am flat out IN LOVE with french, and the blood drip. I agree, they need more than one Pickup.

Why does it need more than one pickup? I am always curious about guys that want to floyd everything, put 2 pickups in everything, etc....Dont most of us have at least a few guitars that are different?

If I want a neck pickup, I just play something else. The tone of these, particularly the BDS, is AWESOME.

Hope you get a chance to try one!
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

While variety is good, I have to admit that I have 2 hums in all 4 of my guitars. I use both pups a lot, so playing a guitar with only one would limit me. However, if I was buying a replica, like one of these Warren models, I would stick to what the original had. I think they would look funny with 2 pups. I also don't like the OFR, but I were to get a Lynch sub-camo, it would have to have the OFR.
                    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

The Blood Drip Skull is my favorite, followed by the Mad Bomber.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Double hum would quasi-defeat the purpose of making a WD replica/sig series. Just like a EVH frankenstrat replica with a neck p/u (at least one that is actually wired live); just plain wrong. I've got it worked out to grab one of each when they finally hit the dealers, so I think they have a place for us dinosaurs. If your playin 80's metal, who needs a neck p/u anyway...at least untill you hit the mid 90's.
                        Want a neck p/u? Probably best to buy another model. Hopefully, they''ll just make 50 or so of each graphic and then hang it up. One time limited run and then move on.
                        Funny thing is the last time I saw WD play live, he was thrashing on a vintage RI tele for 80% of the show. Personally, I'ld like to see the guy pop up and do something new. I would be interested to see where his sounds goes.

Regarding the delay-recall. I'll bet it had something to do with Seymour Duncan and a pick up license agreement. Duncan removed all the references to the pick up from the website.
                        Last edited by Jeff Albertson; 11-15-2006, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                          Why does it need more than one pickup? I am always curious about guys that want to floyd everything, put 2 pickups in everything, etc....Dont most of us have at least a few guitars that are different?

If I want a neck pickup, I just play something else. The tone of these, particularly the BDS, is AWESOME.

Hope you get a chance to try one!
                          well, most of the folks don't have so much money to buy all the guitars with different set-ups. Some dude thinks that WD French guitar is the coolest thing ever but doesn't buy it because he wants the guitar to be versatile because he can't afford many different guitars.

If your playin 80's metal, who needs a neck p/u anyway
                          if you listen to RATT or Dokken records then you'll understand that Warren and George needed neck pups.

or let's say you play in a 80's cover band, and you have a one guitar, and you have to play a Whitesnake tune, Sykes lead tone (let's say for Is This Love) without neck pup and tone controll.....never gonna happen
                          Last edited by Endrik; 11-15-2006, 06:58 AM.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i was gonna say, i think that tele's one of the really "new" things he's been playing thats not a strat style.

from pics i've seen, they're all mostly performance guitars, that tele included.

and he's got at least 5 axes where they're neck pup loaded (these days).

a snakeskin, the tele, a black Corsair, his hawaiian koa, and a Bugs Bunny decaled relic strat.

this is from what i've seen and gathered anyway.
                            Last edited by Seventh Avenged; 11-15-2006, 11:47 AM. Reason: forgot a word "seen", duh me.

Comment

If your playin 80's metal, who needs a neck p/u anyway.
                              I do. I play 80s shred on my guitars, ala Racer X, so I solo a lot with the neck pickup.
                              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

For Sale:
                                18 electric guitar neck pick ups of various models. All mint condition used only once, just for Sweet Child O Mine cover. Also for sale 18 toggle switches used twice. Plus 18 tone knobs...never used.

Comment

Working...
                                X