No announcement yet.

New Custom Strathead Arrives - Diggity!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had to come back for another look! I LOVE how "blond" the neck is. nothing beats a light maple neck.

Comment

Damn, that's sexy! Congrats.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Glad you're digging the guitar Pat, I thought it played extremely well when I was inspecting it. Ditto on the fit and finish.

A pleasure as always, I appreciate the business!
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
          The cap is only 1/8" thick so they can bend it over the forearm cut. They use steam to make the wood pliable enough to do this.
          Is this the same thing Anderson does for their Drop Tops?

BTW, nice one Pat!

Comment

I thought it played extremely well when I was inspecting it.

Hmm...I'm rethinking my carreer as an accountant, "Guitar Inspector" sounds more like it!

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06 View Post
              i had to come back for another look! I LOVE how "blond" the neck is. nothing beats a light maple neck.
              Ditto again! I love that "sunburst". That is really something. Did you come up with that combination? Excellent!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yep. There was a cool NAMM Jackson achtop from a year or two ago that had a vintage orange finish. I thought that would look killer with a red 'burst edge.

There was also a cool SD Charvel flametop on Fleabay a while ago, that had a similar vibe to it. That one was probably cherry sunburst, originally back in the day. But the trans-top had aged. The amber center looked like it had gotten darker with time, and now looked more orangey than yellow. And the red burst edges were deeper, too.

So I sort of combined those ideas, and spec'd this order as Vintage Orange-to-Redrum (PC1) sunburst. Turned out even better than I thought it would. Very cool, you've got to see the colors in person.

Comment

Working...
                X