Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy a modern Charvel strathead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 83SanDimas View Post
    Kevin Maynard wrote..."I see older collectors constantly talk about mojo. Mojo wasn't created at the factory, it was created by all the guys beating down the path to their dream at every sleazy smoke filled, alcohol induced dive they could play to make a name .. that's mojo...
    Um, actually you can get some "mojo" right here - just wipe it on and it works This is real deal pre - pro mojo too.

Steve E

Comment

can you guys make any longer posts for chrissakes? my head hurt just looking at those...
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

nice Mojo, btw!
        love it
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

If Charvels were thought so perfect back then, why'd we all sell them? See the point?
          Not "all" of us did!!....see the point??

Comment

How many of your originals you still have? The HRF was just recently re-aquired last year by force ..but what about the rest?

A lot got dumped and now suddenly have become of interest due to a swelling collectors market
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I just wanna say this came in today, and it sucks big time.

Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Sure looks sucky to me. Congrats, Shawn.

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                  No, Just most of us did. See that point?

I think the number one reason we sold them was that the strathead guitars just didn't measure up to our whammy expectations, and for many of us modding a guitar with a floyd when they first came out was not a great option. Grover destroyed my pre-pro strathead with a botched floyd install. For whatever reason, many dumbasses just like me considered any guitar that wouldn't keep in tune under extreme tremolo as worthless. In retrospect it was pretty foolish (only more foolish were those who routed their les pauls for a trem). In any case, soon enough there were production guitars with kahlers, then rockingers, and then floyds. Those pre-pro stratheads were back in a past separated by a chasm of tremolo, which few of us wanted to climb back across.

Now later in life, much of that past is this 46 year old's nostalgia, and my pursuit of tone has long since abandoned the floyd. I am happy enough now with good sounding guitars to leave the whammy bar in the case. But my original charvel strathead v-trem guitars, that I'd like to own again, are secured away in collections.

I am glad you kept your strathead V-Trem Charvels. I am even gladder that Charvel is making them again, so I can get some, even though they're not originals. They're still great guitars in their own right.

I think the poster of this thread is on the right track - since the original reason the guitars were (for most of us) dumped was that they didn't tremolo well. There are really superior tremolo options today, and it would be great to have charvel offer some.

Mickey

PS - Please direct me to your charvel gallery. I'd love to see those guitars you defend so vehemently!

Comment

Geez that one looks like shit Shawn .. I know you must hate it ..wanna ship it up to NH so you don't have to look at it?
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                      How many of your originals you still have? The HRF was just recently re-aquired last year by force ..but what about the rest?

A lot got dumped and now suddenly have become of interest due to a swelling collectors market

Still have my Bloodsplatter Kev....have sold it & bought it back a few times....point is not all of us sold off & went to other brands only to rediscover Charvels(or Jacksons)....some of us were always here & "interested" & weren't influenced by the "collectors market"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post

YEAH! That's freakin' awesome for a suck guitar!

My new Hot Rod Flames comes tomorrow... I can hardly stand the wait.

Comment

Here's the Gallery Mickey C:

& more folks sold off due to the stigma attached to "pointy headstocks" & the renewed popularity of Les Pauls & strats & the "retro" resurgence than whammy preferences!!

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
                            Still have my Bloodsplatter Kev....have sold it & bought it back a few times....point is not all of us sold off & went to other brands only to rediscover Charvels(or Jacksons)....some of us were always here & "interested" & weren't influenced by the "collectors market"!!
                            FWIW - I didn't "rediscover" charvel. They simply made guitars I had little interest in. The only guitars I've been intrested in from them are the strathead V-Trem charvels, which are now available once more. That's a far cry from rediscovery.

Pictures? I'd love to see these original v-trem strathead charvels!
                            Last edited by Mickey_C; 11-02-2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

All of my guitars are on my Chuckscharvels ez-board site Mickey....& several are included in the Gallery linked above!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                                Sure looks sucky to me
                                Geez that one looks like shit Shawn .. I know you must hate it ..wanna ship it up to NH so you don't have to look at it?
                                YEAH! That's freakin' awesome for a suck guitar!
                                No one has said the new Charvels "suck" except for these sarcastic remarks from new Charvel owners....others have said they think they're "over-priced" or "not true to the originals" or "not as good as the originals"....all subjective opinion too....but no one has said they suck....so why the over-sensitive sarcasm??

Must it always be an argument??....rather than read an argument members could read a discussion including different opinions....& then make up their own mind....what a concept!!

The over-sensitivity to differing opinion & the unnecesarry remarks accomplish nothing but to fuel more arguing & usually lead to shitstorm!!

IMO the new Charvels are nice guitars....not $2k plus guitars....have never once said they "suck"!!

Comment

Working...
                                X