Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy a modern Charvel strathead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx Jimmy but....uhhmm....no that's ok!! !!

Comment

Damn you, Chuck. I'll bring mine to the Cape and we can take turns - that better?
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yes but....I was referring to the latest stratheads like the DeMartinis etc....have played MANY Retros 25ths EVH Art Series etc!!

Come on down bro....beeaahh & dinnahh is on me lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          you like those? i have a couple of those necks - i'm not so sure - they work fair but they're ugly.
          agree, the one neck that I have with a side mounted truss adjuster works great but looks a little weird to my eye.
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Chuck, just make sure Tar baby Fraser puts Elvis back in his case when he's not playing. that canadian cold motherfukkin' air could shrink his whammy bar, and that I would not do to anybody. Is it cold is Boston yet? Weenie and whammy shrinking weather coming up.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Rather than go through the trouble of a side adjuster, why not just put the adjuster up on headstock... or easier yet, just route the hole to access the adjuster where it is?

Comment

Originally posted by peedenmark7 View Post
                Q: would I buy a modernized version of a charvel ?

A: f^cK yea ,and morgtage my house to buy multiples, PROVIDED the boutiquey small run quality as charvel once was known for was there.
                I'm talking teens charvel serial range

Amen brother!!!!!!!!!!
                Last edited by dsg0208; 11-02-2006, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I started out by pretending to be brian Jones from the rolling stones when I was about 4, thanks to being the youngest of 8 lunatics,then came a book report on Jimi Hendrix in the 3rd grade. the teacher was a little shocked and my older brother jimmy helped me with the report. So I loved strats and les pauls from the beginning. There was music all over the house, and all kinds of it. But much like Chucksplatter , the first vH album came out and it all changed for me. I had a '76 strat(fender of course)with it routed for a humbucker. My first guitar, it felt really incredible to have it even though it wasn't a charvel.
                  When I was 19 in 1984 and playing well, a Charvel or jackson was just a dream, all the way through 1989 when the band was finally over,due to my first commission check. The band was over, I loved the cash too much, and I got to keep my hair and go towork shirtless if i wanted to. One summer I didn't wear shoes for over a month, we had a bet going in the office, hey it's a beachtown, that's another story, anyway, I always had parts guitars in the 80's trying to come close to a charvel, but I never had the $$$ for a fukkin' Charvel, I was in a band for Godsakes, we were lucky enough to have girls take care of us on a lot daily neccessities like food, cigarettes, drugs, drinks, everything, you know what was going on in those clubs.We used to shower up at whoevers house you crashed at in the city, use her or their shower, had them make breakfast, get all dolled up again and go stand on 8th street just to lean against the stores and meet new girls to take care of you for the next coupleof days. It was goin' on, we were young, and it was an electric scene going on, but a Charvel was out of the question. There was hairspray to fight over, clothes to acquire, and partying to do. the best axe I ever had was a ESP strat body with a reverse pointy with ebony board with sharkfins from 48th st. I had to work construction forever to just save enough for that as it was. All monies went to fun, saving was not an option, and i never saw a Charvel or Jackson for under $2k in my life, until the 90's, then i had like 4 guitars, maybe 5, and then the collecting bug hit in 2000 when i discovered e-bay. I thought e-bay was for buying tapes and videos, and my partner goes look dude, type in charvel, and the rest was history. I was a goner. I remember playing a model 1 in the 80's but it just wasn't what I was expecting, and i remember the guy said they aren't the real ones, and i was like phew!!!!! almost ruined the whole stigma of the guitar for me. and that's enough rambling on this issue, being in bands was fun as hell, but money was
                  not a thing we put our efforts into, it was songs, clubs, and girls. I love the time period I grew up in, 1965 until present day. I'm alive still, for how long who knows, but the best guitar I've ever played in the world is a god damned charvel stratheaded missile. End of story. Their were some dogs, but there really were some incredible fukkin' axes that company spit out. I will never conform to society, and Charvel should not either.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I have my strathead spiderweb bought new, never sold it. I have, between parts guitars, original guitars and spare parts in excess of 50 stratheads. I love these guitars.

Soap wrote "but why fix it when it isn't broke?"

I fear that if they do not they will not remain in production. The market is too small and Fender would be correct to crunch numbers at some point and say this is at best a break even... But I will follow John Jaco down to the store with a fist full of money for the 21st centure Charvel. Retro only in look. Innovative and explosive... sign me up
                    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas View Post
                      I have my strathead spiderweb bought new, never sold it. I have, between parts guitars, original guitars and spare parts in excess of 50 stratheads. I love these guitars.

Soap wrote "but why fix it when it isn't broke?"

I fear that if they do not they will not remain in production. The market is too small and Fender would be correct to crunch numbers at some point and say this is at best a break even... But I will follow John Jaco down to the store with a fist full of money for the 21st centure Charvel. Retro only in look. Innovative and explosive... sign me up
                      standard strat headstock option think about all the new SDs that dealers have but strat headstock instead of pointy's, they probably sell alot more especially with the V-trem.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrbuyer View Post
                        agree, the one neck that I have with a side mounted truss adjuster works great but looks a little weird to my eye.

who spends time looking under the neck?

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post

Agreed, But why not innovate even further... I like the notch for my heel truss rod adjustment on 1315

But I am sure an alternative that is innovative could be devised...

Comment

Originally posted by 83SanDimas View Post
                            Agreed, But why not innovate even further... I like the notch for my heel truss rod adjustment on 1315

But I am sure an alternative that is innovative could be devised...
                            Yeah, it's called truss rod adustment at the headstock.

Comment

"Yeah, it's called truss rod adustment at the headstock" And it is fine there, although the "acorn" is a Charvel tradition. So in keeping with tradition maybe some other innovation, like thru the serial# plate on the back

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post

not much time - still it's ugly and unnecessary - put it at the top of the headstock and be done with it.
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X